GDT: 1/10/2015 - Preds @ Wild - 1PM CST / 9PM Suomi - FS-N, FS-WI

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Ho hum, another day, another Wild loss.

Not even mad anymore, apathy has set out.

We'll get smoked by Chicago tomorrow.

Has Edmonton passed us in the standings yet?

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Russo said Prosser looked "loopy" after the fight. Like we need to lose another defenseman.

I think something has to give after this game. It's getting pretty damn close.

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
They should just not bother showing up tomorrow -- no chance in hell they win it anyway. Take some time to ... I don't know. Get bag skated or blackout drunk or something. Whatever.

Maybe we'll get a good pick this year.

Billy Mays Here*

It sucks knowing that we are going to get the 10th pick and not get an impact player again after this season.

Yep. You just know this team will get out of this funk only to pointlessly ruin its draft position but still miss the playoffs by a wide margin.

DrPP

Oct 21, 2009
You know at the start of the season people said the Wild had question marks at goaltending and boy, that has haunted them as the season has progressed. No team can do anything with crappy goaltending. The Wild either need to get a goaltender or pack it in for the season.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
They have half a season left. I can't see Fletcher just standing pat with this mess and not trying to improve something....most likely on D.

And in that half-season, they'd have to win about 25 games (and pick up a handful of loser points on top of that) to even sniff the playoffs. We need a miracle run just to make the postseason, and somehow I don't think one more D is the piece that gets us there. Meanwhile any team that would be a trade partner knows precisely how desperate we are. Would you honestly give up a first round pick in this draft? Just for for a Hail Mary D-man trade?

Season's over, and I have to think everyone is fired after this one.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
2 wild fumbles , 2 nashville goals. game over. i guess we played "ok". if we do pick 10th next summer i think we'll get a good player , maybe zacha?

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Trade? Yeo firing? If Fletch/Leopold wants to save the season, something needs to happen now.
It's not even about saving the season at this point. The playoffs are out of the question. I just don't think Leipold will allow them to play nearly a half season more like this. People want a good draft pick, but an owner and GM aren't gonna sit by and watch the team getting booed on its home ice for another 20-something games. Unlike Yeo, they WANT to make adjustments if they can. Just giving up....what does that say to guys like Parise? Fletcher won't go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad