1/10/19 Sole Possession of Last Place

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
This is a transition year. Coach and GM fired, changes coming, nobody feels safe, they are all anxious and lost. Also, they play under a coach which they know is just an interim coach.

Not a credible indicator of our success next year and the following years. They just need to do the right moves at the deadline and in the summer. Next year it begins.

It's rare, but I'm fine with being dead last this year. It's a lost year anyway. Enjoy the high pick and be ready to compete right after. Just please don't start another long rebuild process.

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
This is a transition year. Coach and GM fired, changes coming, nobody feels safe, they are all anxious and lost. Also, they play under a coach which they know is just an interim coach.

Not a credible indicator of our success next year and the following years. They just need to do the right moves at the deadline and in the summer. Next year it begins.

It's rare, but I'm fine with being dead last this year. It's a lost year anyway. Enjoy the high pick and be ready to compete right after. Just please don't start another long rebuild process.

But I thought Hextall had a plan?

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
Well I heard someone call in on the radio saying they never tanked to get a top prospect was the reason they are bad. Maybe they should just come out and say that is the plan?

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Tank, tank, tank!

IMG_0238.GIF

IMG_0239.JPG

marcsson68

Jan 23, 2018
Well, there is one thing we should all agree upon. When you´re having a bad season it is important to have it real real really bad. At least get a high pick. Doesn´t even mean you have to take the pick.

Don´t you remember the 1994 Nordiques? They were looking back to some bad years despite promising high picks (Sundin, Nolan) and finished with that famous Lindros pick. The Lindros trade brought to us the most exciting player in franchise history (eventually) but brought to them the Cup (being the Avalache at that time of course). So if you lose, make something out of it.

A transition can take a long time if your talents are not as good as expected (like some of the high Oilers´picks) or develop more slowly than expected (which I hope is the case with NP). 2019 will show the way as either major roster changes are coming up or the truth about our youngsters will unfold.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
Now I see why Hextall has been fired, he was the only barrier between us and Hughes.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Keep it that way.

Send down Hart, don't let him steal any games for us.

Shut down Giroux for a couple weeks if he gets injured, it could be a paper cut for all I care.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lotusflower

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Make no mistake about it, at this point they are tanking. If they weren't Gordon wouldn't be the coach and Fletcher would have already made a big trade. They are gearing up for a 2007 like deadline, draft, and free agency period.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I went to Tankathon and it took me like 7 pulls just to get the #2.

All of the others were #4.

Reactions: BigToe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad