GDT: #1 - 10/09/14 | New York Rangers @ St. Louis Blues | 8:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
While our speed looked great in teh 1st period, we've almost looked too fast, like they're doing things so quickly, that their brains can't process the play and they end up making a turnover or overskating the puck or just not making the play clean.

Faceoffs are turrible as usual, we REALLY need a top 6 faceoff guy, I mean it's horrendous, and Stepan is not that guy, and that's part of the reason why our PPs suck, because we seem to be losing every faceoff to start the PP, and we end up doing a ton of puck chasing.

I don't think we look terrible, especially since we're playing against a top team in their house. And it's also our first game, so we'll be a little rusty. I just hope we can have a better 3rd period. The 1 goal lead is very concerning, this isn't Torts' Rangers, so holding that lead could be a bit of an issue. We'll have to wait and see.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
It's going to be a tough third period. Have to weather the storm. Putting up another goal would be nice too.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I hate this ****in team so much. This would be one of my biggest wins of the year on day 1 if we pulled it off.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Penalties hurt us. Use our speed and we should be fine. Msl needs to relax. I dont care about faceoffs really but he needs to stop fumbling the puck every time we are on the rush with our big wingers

Wolfy*

Like how even if MZA was crushed, he was up and over to get in the mix and help protect G in a jiffy

He's a Viking isn't he...can handle some rough stuff.

But they did try to hurt him. Instead Stastny got hurt, that's what I call fair.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
I used to like the Blues, probably when they were trying to 'get there'. Since they supposedly 'got there' they have done sweet **** all. I don't really like the team much, they are not half as interesting to watch as the Rangers, though I could be biased.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I usually like the blues and cheer for them in non rangers games most of the time. But holy ****, the whining and diving today has been too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad