GDT: #1 - 10/07/15 | RANGERS @ BLACKHAWKS | 8:00 - NBC Sports Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Rangers D really soft on the puck, making passes while standing still, not paying attention.

Girardi, Staal, Boyle were bad that period.

Quenville one of the best in the biz in terms of getting matchups and taking advantage of the long change.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Boyle was average at best last year. He's likely going to be average at best again this year. I don't mind Boyle and don't want him gone, but the fawning over him in the offseason was sort of lulzy. Especially after the hate he got during it at times. Sometimes from the same people.

Agree with the bold.

He should be a fine bottom pair guy this season, but he seems to have lost his legs. Is this what the Rangers wanted when signing him to that contract?

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
AV's solution to this game will be to give Yandle less minutes, insert Glass for Fast, and break up the only good D pairing to reunite the great Staal-Klein combo.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Agree with the bold.

He should be a fine bottom pair guy this season, but he seems to have lost his legs. Is this what the Rangers wanted when signing him to that contract?

Ehhhhhhhh, his legs look similar. He was skating in mud the second half of last season it looked like. More of a continuance if you ask me.

I think the team had to know it would look like this.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I think I saw about 5 absolutely moronic plays in the D zone, with 3 of them by Girardi alone. This is just what I recall.

McD-G and Staal-Boyle have absolutely zero poise with the puck. Any sort of pressure on them and they just fling the puck wherever like it's a hot potato They're ****ing garbage and really hurting the team. Because once we get in the O-zone, we've been pretty solid. But our defensive game has been atrocious to say the least.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Rangers D looks sloppy but that's generally how they've been to start the last couple of seasons...just not quite in sync, passes not working out and being too quick to just throw the puck away. Need to do a better job

Nash's line needs to stop gettin gdominated

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Rangers D looks sloppy but that's generally how they've been to start the last couple of seasons...just not quite in sync, passes not working out and being too quick to just throw the puck away. Need to do a better job

Nash's line needs to stop gettin gdominated

Legs... they're just not skating enough, some forwards not going either. This team needs more dynamic breakout plays.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Just as a thing. Pierre said that Girardi needs to be harder on the puck on the play where the Hawks scored. Maybe. But Stepan needs
to be providing board support and not floating towards the middle like he was. If Stepan is in the right position, then Girardi banks it up the boards and everything is fine. Moving it harder wasn't going to solve that problem.

AV will point that out in video, but it rubs me the wrong way that people will look at that and put it all on G.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Yeah and he's on their top pair.

I get that people harp on how bad the Ranger defense is, but that guy was the 7th D on this team last year.

It's mind boggling that they're playing Hunwick on the top pair. I like the guy a lot, but c'mon now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad