Post-Game Talk: 1-0 Dull hockey Torts Approved

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
you do know those three teams are teams we’ve lost to recently, right? lol…
We lost to the Devils recently? In any event, yes, lol, we should be looking to take care of the bottom feeders. Speaking of bottom feeders after those 4 we get the Flyers.

Reactions: Andy99

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
"Luck" is not what that is telling you. "Expected goals" is what to expect from an AVERAGE NHL player had they taken the shots Zucker did. It makes zero correlation that it is luck, or unlucky as shooting is a demonstrated talent. Players can consistently shoot above or below NHL average. Zucker has shoot well below NHL average for his time at PIT. That list is telling you he's one of the worst shooters in the NHL regardless of position on the ice.
He’s shot 10.6% as a Pen, 12.3% as an NHLer and 5.2% this year.

Reactions: Al Smith and Peat

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Boy, does Sully like making it hard on the team with his ice time allocations.

DOC's (4th line) was our best forward line on the ice (10 scoring chances for, only 2 against), but had only 8min of 5v5 time. All neutral zones starts.
Crosby's line had the inverse with just 2 scoring chances for and 10 against in 18min of 5v5 time. Almost all offensive zone starts.
Uh, maybe play the 4th line more since they are generally doing well?

Pettersson: Why does he have the least TOI of all defenders and almost 10min less than Letang? Yes, our defender with the best +- plays the least.

Was a big win, but I think we like to do it the hard way and wear out our aging players.

It's super weird we went from rolling all 4 lines much more evenly to using our 4th under 8 minutes a night since the B2B.

Reactions: Andy99

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Didn't watch, but glad they got the win :thumbu:

The Ducks have been sharp, I was more or less expecting a loss, loser point at most.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
It's super weird we went from rolling all 4 lines much more evenly to using our 4th under 8 minutes a night since the B2B.

I think Sullivan wasn't fully on board with some of JR's moves that he may have agreed with on paper - seemed like there was a big disconnect there at times. See: Ryan Reaves. That doesn't necessarily account for *now*; the depth players have been playing pretty well all things considered. You'd think on b2b games he'd want to spread the minutes out more unless someone's really flying high.

Reactions: wgknestrick

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Petterssons mean streak continues. Crosschecks anything that moves and the refs turn a blind eye to it

Reactions: Night Shift

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
4 wins in a row and 4 points over a weekend.

The only thing left for HFboards to do is complain that they won the saturday game in too boring of a manner.
And that Sullivan didn't use the right line combinations.

Sure, if this had not been a back to back against a team that was waiting for the Pens, I'd be disappointed. But I thought it was a great effort.
Yep. A tired team playing against a rested team? Take the two points any way you can get them and run.

He’s shot 10.6% as a Pen, 12.3% as an NHLer and 5.2% this year.
Zucker shot 16.8% with Crosby, which is part of the reason why so many people think they were effective together.

Last edited:
Reactions: TooManyHumans

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Fire Sullivan! He’s lost this team. They’ve tuned him out. It was a good run but sometimes teams just need a change. LOL!
See playoff results over the last three years. This sentiment still rings true, even if we are on a nice run. We are in good shape since there are only about eight respectable teams in our conference, nine if you take Columbus seriously.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Those final few minutes seemed to last forever. No complaints at all from me, it was the kind of game you need to win if you want to hold one of the top spots in your division. It took a bit of luck but if we keep this commitment to decent defense and the goaltending remains anywhere near the current level (which is probably unsustainable, alas) we have a good chance of making the playoffs. Too early to tell for sure but maybe we should have fired the goalie coach years ago?

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
They're definitely trending in the right direction over the past weeks, but I still don't think they really look like a contender. We're not gonna see .930+ goaltending all year. Maybe I'll eat my words if Jake, Malkin, and Rust come back and it looks like 2016 all over again...but I just don't see it.

Even so, I'd rather watch them win than lose, so I'm not complaining. I hope they keep it up and at least make it an interesting year.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
the Ducks were the better team and deserved this game but the puck luck wasn’t with them…

I think we had our legs in the beginning but were fatigued as the game went on. The thing with the b2b (over the rested team) is the advantage of adrenaline at the start, which is where you have to take advantage early and we did.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Work was so clam, outside of first arriving.... that I read my book chapter before 8pm and was exploring work to find a cooler room (we have keys to (most) every room in the building (hospital)) so we found an air conditioned classroom with a sweet sunroom like wall/ceiling and it had a tv that allowed me to watch a penguins game live for once. Kinda fun.

But now I have nothing to do now, when I would normally watch it. heh.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Finally the wild card teams slot into their actual places. Detroit was never a wild card team.... Boston just has 4 less GP than them.
They overtook them though... and I wouldn't mind this being the locked playoff positions.
Boston - Florida, Pens - Caps,
Carolina - Rangers, Toronto - Tampa

Huzzah!

Reactions: Peat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad