Canada
You save them lives...
5d68fa41-cc14-4a25-9eec-10545a254f61_text.gif
Just remember:

say-no-to-drugs-dont-do-drugs.gif

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Half assed watched the game. From what I did see, we deserved to lose, but who cares.

Same here, playing Halo Infinite while listening to shot after shot against, slobbing all over Zucker's hitting (cause he sure as hell ain't scoring), and rightfully so, CDS praise. CDS looked pretty good from most of what I saw. Very controlled movements, and shadowing large portions of the goal which is a huge improvement.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
its b2b so we needed a great performance by CDS, the previous winning streak of 4 was with jarry being best player on ice...now CDS tonight, we gave up 29 chances tonight 12 high danger chances thats way too much...Ducks are good team so I am not concerned...I'll be curious to see what kind of top line shows up next game...

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Boy, does Sully like making it hard on the team with his ice time allocations.

DOC's (4th line) was our best forward line on the ice (10 scoring chances for, only 2 against), but had only 8min of 5v5 time. All neutral zones starts.
Crosby's line had the inverse with just 2 scoring chances for and 10 against in 18min of 5v5 time. Almost all offensive zone starts.
Uh, maybe play the 4th line more since they are generally doing well?

Pettersson: Why does he have the least TOI of all defenders and almost 10min less than Letang? Yes, our defender with the best +- plays the least.

Was a big win, but I think we like to do it the hard way and wear out our aging players.

I was wondering about Petts as well. Guy was looking good but only had 10 minutes after 2 periods.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
did I say that Zucker may be one of the worst Top 6 players in NHL, love the guy all the hussle, but nothing, maybe its time to make him a very expensive 4th liner...just because you are paying him a lot of money does not mean he should play (did not they learn from JJ)

Reactions: wgknestrick

metalan2

May 30, 2008
did I say that Zucker may be one of the worst Top 6 players in NHL, love the guy all the hussle, but nothing, maybe its time to make him a very expensive 4th liner...just because you are paying him a lot of money does not mean he should play (did not they learn from JJ)
He's a third liner. Nothing more, but definitely not a fourth.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012

Our idiot coach did just bench a forward (Kappy) that has the highest GF% on the team, one who was on the ice for 7 more goals for than against at 5v5, and has 5 more points than Zucker. We can't have Sully being objective, can we? Don't get me started on DOC and what he has to do to earn more ice time. This team ALWAYS has players struggling and ones that are begging for more ice time while our coach has no clue what accountability really is.

Dumo, Carter, and Zucker can run over Sully's dog and they will still get their 20min TOI.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
He's a third liner. Nothing more, but definitely not a fourth.
On this team if we're fully healthy...I'm not so sure about that.
NHL Stats

Keep in mind Zucker gets 20-25% more O-zone starts than the 4th liners he's barely ahead of there, and plays with better players.

I can name 6 wingers who are better options: Guentzel, Rust, Kapanen, Rodrigues, Heinen, McGinn

By what right should he be ahead of any of these guys, based on this year and last?

Last edited:
Reactions: wgknestrick

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Zucker is one of the most unlucky forwards in the NHL:

I think you guys are underselling his contributions a bit. He's doing everything well except score. But if he keeps playing the way he has it should come around a bit because he does generate when he's out there.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Zucker is one of the most unlucky forwards in the NHL:

I think you guys are underselling his contributions a bit. He's doing everything well except score. But if he keeps playing the way he has it should come around a bit because he does generate when he's out there.

"Luck" is not what that is telling you. "Expected goals" is what to expect from an AVERAGE NHL player had they taken the shots Zucker did. It makes zero correlation that it is luck, or unlucky as shooting is a demonstrated talent. Players can consistently shoot above or below NHL average. Zucker has shoot well below NHL average for his time at PIT. That list is telling you he's one of the worst shooters in the NHL regardless of position on the ice.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I don't see which of the 6 wingers I mentioned above he's better than. If he's not, that should make him a 4th liner when our full Forward group is available, no?

Put him wherever tbh. I just think he's a good player and I like his game.

Definitely a candidate to move given he's probably not quite worth what he's being paid. If he was a million or two less I think most of us would love him. But as it is you kinda want that production to go along with everything else he does. But still just because a guy isn't scoring doesn't mean the process is bad. He's got a good process.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
"Luck" is not what that is telling you. "Expected goals" is what to expect from an AVERAGE NHL player had they taken the shots Zucker did. It makes zero correlation that it is luck, or unlucky as shooting is a demonstrated talent. Players can consistently shoot above or below NHL average. Zucker has shoot well below NHL average for his time at PIT. That list is telling you he's one of the worst shooters in the NHL regardless of position on the ice.

Look at the names on that list. You're telling me those guys don't know how to score goals? Apart from Nick Ritchie and maybe Donskoi every name on that list is a proven goal scorer.

But let's ignore that for a second. Zucker is a career 12.6% shooter. He's shooting 5% this year. You don't think he can improve on that?

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

It’s telling you a bit of both.

Reactions: Pancakes

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Put him wherever tbh. I just think he's a good player and I like his game.

Definitely a candidate to move given he's probably not quite worth what he's being paid. If he was a million or two less I think most of us would love him. But as it is you kinda want that production to go along with everything else he does. But still just because a guy isn't scoring doesn't mean the process is bad. He's got a good process.
His decision making in the O-zone is also a part of the process, and his is bad. His vision is bad, and so is his shot selection.

I like his game fine apart from that, but I don't see the justification for him staying ahead of guys like Heinen and McGinn. He was brought here to produce. If a miracle were to happen and we had no injuries in our top 12, he would be on my L4 until he does enough to supplant someone else. Well that or another winger falls off a cliff.

Reactions: Pancakes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad