Post-Game Talk: 1-0 Dull hockey Torts Approved

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Great two points. Style doesn´t matter. In a B2B game against a fresh and healthy young team. Without Geno, Jake, Rust and Jarry. Yeah, who tf cares about style tonight. Well done, boys.

Exactly!

Some people here complaining after winning by a shutout on the back end of a B2B. Never change HF, never change!

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Can someone explain to me what Torts approving of this game means?
I don't get it.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
He bitched about exciting plays ruining hockey on national TV; completing his transition to Mike Milbury.
lol... wait.... wat!?

Is he an announcer or something now? Or was he interviewed or... what did I miss. I watch games on low volume... I don't like the talkers anymore. (for any sport)

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Ain't nobody want to see exciting plays. Excitement is ruining hockey.
:laugh:
Prime example of someone talking that has nothing to talk about, but absolutely must talk about something.
And that the guy is one grumpy bastard.... or just trying to fill a persona.... oh hell I donno...
Very unwise thing to say though.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Can you please provide a link to Tort's shoe incident? I can't seem to find anything.
tortsgetswhathedeserves.png

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
the Ducks were the better team and deserved this game but the puck luck wasn’t with them…

They missed some open nets, so I'm not sure that's puck luck. But I thought it was a pretty entertaining game, and 4/4 points on a B2B with travel in between is great. I loved watching Terry. Dude makes you hold your breath whenever he's one on one with someone. And to think he's only got half the skills as Tankov.

Reactions: Andy99

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I think Sullivan wasn't fully on board with some of JR's moves that he may have agreed with on paper - seemed like there was a big disconnect there at times. See: Ryan Reaves. That doesn't necessarily account for *now*; the depth players have been playing pretty well all things considered. You'd think on b2b games he'd want to spread the minutes out more unless someone's really flying high.

Yeah, I’m not saying it’s a matter of playing Reaves and what not. But I think our 4th hasn’t really declined that much from the days of Cullen + various ahl rejects. So it’s weird to me that we don’t make more use of it conserve the energy of our aging stars.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Yeah, I’m not saying it’s a matter of playing Reaves and what not. But I think our 4th hasn’t really declined that much from the days of Cullen + various ahl rejects. So it’s weird to me that we don’t make more use of it conserve the energy of our aging stars.

Yep, agreed. It'll be interesting to see if that changes going forward.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yep, agreed. It'll be interesting to see if that changes going forward.

For real. I'd like to see it more simply because if we had a 4th line that was actually good for eating up possession and not being a liability, that's a solid 3-4 minutes a game that you don't have to wear out Carter. And I'm convinced we have that fourth line. I'll grant that Boyle/DOC < Cullen, but I really think our wings are better than Porter or Kuhnhackl there.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

They do use them, to a varying extent too. Now injuries kind of mask the overlying function/use of it. I would come to terms that the 4th is actually over used and the mishmash of extras now used as the 4th line is what it is. You are forced to push up than push down.

Now the days of Cullen was pushed up, but that was generally due to a center being injured (Crosby, Malkin and Bonino), but the entire line didn't push up, just the centers. I certainly get pushing up both TB/McGinn and not ZAR, but if you have a better option in a Zucker, Heinen or whomever, hard to talk about it without the full roster in print...

Like... Take any one of the top 3 centers.. Looking at this if healthy, then one gets injured, we'll say it's Geno, the most likely. Now Carter should slide up and E-Rod should take the 3c spot and McGinn slide up and add O'Connor to the 4th line. But that's not what will happen. They'd slide up the 4th line(Pre E-Rod emergence) and look like option B.

A:

Guentzel, Crosby, Rust/E-Rod
Heinen, Malkin, Kapanen
Zucker, Carter, Rust/E-Rod
ZAR, Blueger, McGinn

O'Connor, Boyle, Simon and Lafferty

B:

Guentzel, Crosby, Rust
Heinen, Carter, Kapanen
ZAR, Blueger, McGinn<---What was Tanev/BART line They play them a ton no matter what.
O'Connor/Zucker, E-Rod/Boyle, Simon, Zucker/Simon

O'Connor, Boyle, Simon, Lafferty

Just some mishmash of players thrown together like last nights 4th line was O'Connor, Boyle, Simon

Just move up Carter and Blueger. Which I think is what most want anyways.

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
CDS was f***ing awesome, hat is off.

You don't score many goals against Ducks with the style of play the have and Penguins have, nice win.

But how about them jerseys, I f***ing love them. Especially on CDS, looks absolutely brilliant with his gear.

Reactions: Night Shift

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
For real. I'd like to see it more simply because if we had a 4th line that was actually good for eating up possession and not being a liability, that's a solid 3-4 minutes a game that you don't have to wear out Carter. And I'm convinced we have that fourth line. I'll grant that Boyle/DOC < Cullen, but I really think our wings are better than Porter or Kuhnhackl there.

It seems like the pieces are there, with some spares, even. Will they be perfect every game, no, but neither are the top two lines, especially now. Lapses are part of all of it, but the bottom six isn't actively losing games, and they've actively helped win. Very little reason to ride so much pine.

I do at times miss the Kuhnhackl that was freaking money for SHGs for a stretch, though. That was fun. Do I want him back? No. Do I wish him well? Yes.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
CDS was f***ing awesome, hat is off.

You don't score many goals against Ducks with the style of play the have and Penguins have, nice win.

But how about them jerseys, I f***ing love them. Especially on CDS, looks absolutely brilliant with his gear.

CDS? Yes...

Other than the jerseys being Adidas and the mesh shoulders they are good. I still won't buy one due to those two factors. They just look funky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad