GDT: #1 – Blue Jackets at Sabres – Thu Oct 9, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, Bell TV – WGR

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
the latter, don't want him bursting into flames from poor form and poor ice game one of the season

It makes sense, I'm just not sure he's at any more risk than all those guys who played preseason game #1 after two camp practices. It all comes down to what kind of shape he kept himself in but I can see the prudence in holding him out for a week or so.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Moved out of WNY for work. Anyone have suggestions on how to watch the games now. Does anyone buy center ice and stream through xbox live? Does anyone know about a free trial at least for NHL center ice and how to sign up. I know a local bar has NHL network but I do not want to rely on going to it every time the Sabres play. Thanks for the insight.

Clock

May 13, 2006
Moved out of WNY for work. Anyone have suggestions on how to watch the games now. Does anyone buy center ice and stream through xbox live? Does anyone know about a free trial at least for NHL center ice and how to sign up. I know a local bar has NHL network but I do not want to rely on going to it every time the Sabres play. Thanks for the insight.

Haven't used Center Ice because of the stupid local blackout rules, but links to various streams typically get posted in the first few pages of the GDTs in a pinch.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
This is almost as exciting as starting the season as Stanley cup favorites.. Very weird!

I don't know...

As Stanley Cup favorites, if you fail to live up to the expectations it's a disappointment.

As McEichel favorites, if you fail to live DOWN to the expectations it's a disappointment, but at least it means we're winning which is obviously fun to watch.

So I'd argue it's more fun!

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
Buf shuts them out 3-0...Enroth plays like a man on a mission

Goals come from: Myers, Ennis, and Girgensons

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
I just purchased GCL using the monthly plan ($19.99/month x 8) and am watching the Leafs-Habs game. Can't complain one bit. Also, they just introduced a "ref cam" and it's siiiiiiiiick.

I moved away from Buffalo 4 years ago and I've been a long-time "streamer", but I'm so sick of the unreliable, ad-riddled streams that I've dealt with during that time. 20 bucks a month isn't really going to force a 2nd mortgage on the house, either.

As far as streaming via xbox live, check this thread for more info on that. I'm streaming directly from my mac so I can't comment on it. http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1726367&page=31

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

Others have mentioned your options. For now, though, enjoy the free preview of Center Ice.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I just purchased GCL using the monthly plan ($19.99/month x 8) and am watching the Leafs-Habs game. Can't complain one bit. Also, they just introduced a "ref cam" and it's siiiiiiiiick.

I moved away from Buffalo 4 years ago and I've been a long-time "streamer", but I'm so sick of the unreliable, ad-riddled streams that I've dealt with during that time. 20 bucks a month isn't really going to force a 2nd mortgage on the house, either.

As far as streaming via xbox live, check this thread for more info on that. I'm streaming directly from my mac so I can't comment on it. http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1726367&page=31

GCL is totally worth it. I've even been out at random places (restaurants, etc.) and have been able to stream the games on my phone. As long as you have a decent connection they come through perfectly.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
GCL is totally worth it. I've even been out at random places (restaurants, etc.) and have been able to stream the games on my phone. As long as you have a decent connection they come through perfectly.

is there any trial for this? Can you pay just one month without intention of buying a full year? I think this seems like the best bet as you can get it through your phone, xbox, macbook etc.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
is there any trial for this? Can you pay just one month without intention of buying a full year? I think this seems like the best bet as you can get it through your phone, xbox, macbook etc.

I get charged $39.99 x 3, so I don't pay for the entire year up front. They've done trials before, but I'm not sure if they're just random or if you can sign up for a trial. Check the GCL website, should give you your options.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Don't care About the outcome tomorrow, just want Reinhart to rack up points. Would be awesome to have Reinhart be a Calder contender.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Who is Tyson Scrachen?

Probably characterized as a career #8 stay-at-home sort. 30 years old at the end of the month, 140 NHL and 287 AHL games including playoffs. He was pretty bad in the first preseason game but finished things off nicely enough. I don't think anyone expects him to be on the team when things are settled with Pysyk and McCabe's injuries and the Zadorov question. With a healthy group it only makes sense to have either he or Weber on the team as the #7. In terms of play I'm rather indifferent as to which it is but I assume it'll be Weber staying. The assumption going into the season was that he'd be a strong player for Rochester and the first vet call-up option, which is essentially what he is right now with Pysyk injured and Zadorov maybe not expected to play every night before they make their decision with him.

It's Strachan, btw.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Probably characterized as a career #8 stay-at-home sort. 30 years old at the end of the month, 140 NHL and 287 AHL games including playoffs. He was pretty bad in the first preseason game but finished things off nicely enough. I don't think anyone expects him to be on the team when things are settled with Pysyk and McCabe's injuries and the Zadorov question. With a healthy group it only makes sense to have either he or Weber on the team as the #7. In terms of play I'm rather indifferent as to which it is but I assume it'll be Weber staying. The assumption going into the season was that he'd be a strong player for Rochester and the first vet call-up option, which is essentially what he is right now with Pysyk injured and Zadorov maybe not expected to play every night before they make their decision with him.

It's Strachan, btw.

Thanks.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York

It's Strachan, btw.

You mean krachen

MacOfNiagara

Feb 8, 2006
Ithaca
Buffalo really needs some good centers, it's our biggest weakness as of now. Not maybe in the future, but today we are horrible.

High end centers are rarely traded. By far (IMO) the easiest and most proven method for getting legit #1 centers is to draft and develop your own, which is exactly what they are doing. You're right that it doesnt help this year, but I wouldn't want them to give up good long term assets to have a fill-in top center for a few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad