GDT: #1 – Blue Jackets at Sabres – Thu Oct 9, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, Bell TV – WGR

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Shawn Mitchell @smitchcd - Reporter - Columbus Dispatch

Lines at Columbus Blue Jackets Practice - Foligno-Johansen-Atkinson.
Hartnell-Anisimov-Dano. Calvert-Letestu-Wennberg. Skille-Chaput-Boll.

Edit - Woodhouse beat me to it - sigh - shouldn't have fixed breakfast!

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
I really don't like the look of Hodgson-Reinhart-Gionta...I'd swap Girgensons and Reinhart.

4-1 loss.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Columbus' lines were tweaked a bit with Johansen practicing today:

Shawn Mitchell @smitchcd 25m
First line rushes: Foligno-Johansen-Atkinson; Hartnell-Anisimov-Dano; Calvert-Letestu-Wennberg; Skille-Chaput-Boll. #CBJ

I liked Dano a lot in his draft year after watching his WJC. I did not know that he made the team this year.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
I liked Dano a lot in his draft year after watching his WJC. I did not know that he made the team this year.
Columbus had all three of their 2013 first-rounders still on their roster until Johansen ended his holdout on Monday. Then Rychel was reassigned to Springfield, while Dano and Wennberg remained, as there were still spots available with injuries to Dubinsky, Horton, and Jenner. While Atkinson and N.Foligno were among the preseason scoring leaders league-wide, Dano still acquainted himself very nicely playing with Anisimov and Hartnell, recording 2+2, E, 11 SOG in 5 GP.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Disappointed to see Weber in for Zadorov, and I would like to see Reinhart in between Foligno/Stewart. Other than that, let the games (or sorrow) begin!

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
I really don't like the look of Hodgson-Reinhart-Gionta...I'd swap Girgensons and Reinhart.

4-1 loss.

I'd think that Reinhart would do better playing with better line mates in Hodgson and Gionta, no? Plus I'm pretty pumped to see the physical domination a Foligno-Girgs-Stewart line could bring.

Edit: Just watched the presser. Nolan comments on placing Reinhart and Gionta on the same line @ 4:57

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Shawn Mitchell @smitchcd -
#CBJ Brandon Dubinsky had abdominal surgery this morming in Philadelphia. Expected to miss 6 weeks.

Puck-Rakers Blog - On the eve of opener, more bad news for #CBJ - Dubinsky to miss 6 weeks -
http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2014/10/dubinsky-out-6-weeks.html

The Blue Jackets skated with this lineup this morning -
F1 - Nick Foligno-Ryan Johansen-Cam Atkinson. F2 - Scott Hartnell-Artem Anisimov-Marko Dano.
F3 - Matt Calvert-Mark Letestu-Alexander Wennberg. F4 - Jack Skille-Michael Chaput-Jared Boll.
D1 - Jack Johnson-David Savard. D2 - Tim Erixon-James Wisniewski. D3 - Fedor Tyutin-Dalton Prout.

Last edited:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
So they finally get Johansen back, and now there's talk that Horton may never play again and Dubinsky is out six weeks. This season has so much nightmare potential for CBJ. I wouldn't be comfortable right now if I was one of Bobrovsky's ACL's.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
So they finally get Johansen back, and now there's talk that Horton may never play again and Dubinsky is out six weeks. This season has so much nightmare potential for CBJ. I wouldn't be comfortable right now if I was one of Bobrovsky's ACL's.

Ryan Murray is out too.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
BTW, the team is giving away pairs of tickets to this game with their social media challenge that runs through 1PM tomorrow.
We have three ways for you to win. Details are below.
  • Dress For Success: What would you wear if you went to the game? Post a photo with your Sabres gear to Instagram with the hashtag #CountdownToSabres.
  • Show Your Support: If you were to bring a sign to the game, what would it say? Create a sign and Snapchat it to us at BuffaloSabres.
  • Fire Them Up: What would you say in a pregame speech to fire up the boys? Tweet it to us at @BuffaloSabres in Vine or YouTube format with the hashtag #CountdownToSabres. If you choose YouTube, the video must be 30 seconds or less.

C Note

Jan 31, 2014
I think they're going to win this one, actually. I'll say 4-1, Sabres. Followed by a few posters patting themselves on the back and telling everyone that, just as they predicted, this team is not bad. The Sabres then go 3-8-2 in their next 13 games.

Hah! I was actually going to suggest this, but you beat me to it. *shakes fist*

Columbus has a ton of injuries including Dubinsky, and it sounds like Johansen may not play. Sabres are at home and seem to be feeling pretty good coming out of the off-season, so a Sabres win wouldn't be surprising.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
If I'm CBJ I don't throw Johansen in yet

With all the players they're missing they're better off with him at 80% playing level, unless the concern is that he's not in shape and might pull something, which I doubt is a likely issue. The sooner he's in, the sooner he's in top form.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
With all the players they're missing they're better off with him at 80% playing level, unless the concern is that he's not in shape and might pull something, which I doubt is a likely issue. The sooner he's in, the sooner he's in top form.

the latter, don't want him bursting into flames from poor form and poor ice game one of the season

Bps21*

If weber has to play can't they put him with anyone but the best d prospect we have? For ****s sake anyone but ristolainen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad