GDT: #07 – Sabres at Bruins – Thu Jan 31 – 7:00PM ET – TV: MSG-B – Radio: WGR-AM

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
You guys just embarrassed a very good team, Scott kicking thorntons teeth in was a pretty fitting start. Very good response to the Lucic miller incident. Hopefully we get you next time but for now well done, enjoy it!

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
You guys just embarrassed a very good team, Scott kicking thorntons teeth in was a pretty fitting start. Very good response to the Lucic miller incident. Hopefully we get you next time but for now well done, enjoy it!

I don't think the Scott fight was because of last year
at all. The response was last year (as lame as it was).

Thanks for being classy :5:

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Does anyone doubt that our defence is overrated and that we need less "skill" and more real "D"? I am sick of the way everyone seems to be able to cut in our defence with impunity. When the season started we heard about our surplus of defencemen--then let 2 big ones go to keep what we see now. Someone cannot judge defencemen...not so that Finley and Pardy are nhl calibre but maybe they would use their bodies to block out those cutting wingers. And then again maybe not. Nurse or Zadarov? Let us see how our skill does on this power play.....

Pardy is an NHL caliber defenseman. He is still depth for the Sabres if we run in to injury problems. Re-call waivers got the axe in the new CBA so he could be called up in a way that Morrisonn couldn't.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Wow.

(pre-requsite 'Bruin fan in peace' salutation)

The Sabres took the Bruins' gameplan and worked it to perfection. Well done, Buffalo. Should hopefully give you Sabres fans some hope for the season.

I grew up in Minnesota and watched Vanek when he was with the University of Minnesota. Kid was a solid gold scorer then and his touch hasn't changed. If he puts it together on a consistent basis (like he seems to play the Bruins everytime), he's a superstar.

Kudos to your team. Should make for a very entertaining season series going forward.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
A few thoughts on the game:

1. Vanek- wow!
2. Chara a -3, Lucic a -2: love it!
3. Marchand 2nd star with 2 goals: hate it!
4. Grigorenko's first NHL goal tied the game in the 3rd period against Toronto. His first assist tied up the game in the 3rd period tonight.
5. Sulzer goal - what a quick snap, perfect placement.
6. Rask was frustrated tonight - .806 save percentage, first loss in regulation this season.
7. Didn't it feel like Leopold played a whole lot more than 15:55 tonight?
8. Didn't it feel like Myers played a whole lot more than 16:08 tonight?
9. Weber played 21:23. Solid.
10. Foligno has stepped it up.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Marchand's post-game comments are hilarious. He blasts Ruff for calling a time out to put Scott on the ice...after Julien puts McWhatever on the ice with 13 seconds left.

Last edited:

Fire Lindy

Trust the System
Jan 3, 2011
Marchand's post-game comments are hilarious. He blasts Ruff for calling a time out to put Scott on the ice...after Julie puts McWhatever on the ice with 13 seconds left.

Yeah, what a fool..I bet MacDermid would have started something and then changed his mind one a wild John Scott appeared.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
A few thoughts on the game:

1. Vanek- wow!
2. Chara a -3, Lucic a -2: love it!
3. Marchand 2nd star with 2 goals: hate it!
4. Grigorenko's first NHL goal tied the game in the 3rd period against Toronto. His first assist tied up the game in the 3rd period tonight.
5. Sulzer goal - what a quick snap, perfect placement.
6. Rask was frustrated tonight - .806 save percentage, first loss in regulation this season.
7. Didn't it feel like Leopold played a whole lot more than 15:55 tonight?
8. Didn't it feel like Myers played a whole lot more than 16:08 tonight?
9. Weber played 21:23. Solid.
10. Foligno has stepped it up.

Weber is like Sulzer. He's at his best when he keeps his game simple. He sort of got away from that the last few years, but tonight was a good start.

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
Only caught bits of the game but from whay I saw V-H-P is still on fire and vanek looks better than ever. Ennis was flying but to fast for his own good a couple times. Mille looked good from what I saw but I missed all the goals against so I don't know if they were weak or not. Myers and leopold were garbage. Weber looks awesome. Sulzer should have never left the lineup

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Wow.

(pre-requsite 'Bruin fan in peace' salutation)

The Sabres took the Bruins' gameplan and worked it to perfection. Well done, Buffalo. Should hopefully give you Sabres fans some hope for the season.

I grew up in Minnesota and watched Vanek when he was with the University of Minnesota. Kid was a solid gold scorer then and his touch hasn't changed. If he puts it together on a consistent basis (like he seems to play the Bruins everytime), he's a superstar.

Kudos to your team. Should make for a very entertaining season series going forward.

I thought the Bruins out played the Sabres a majority of the game, but Vanek went god mode.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
I thought the Bruins out played the Sabres a majority of the game, but Vanek went god mode.

Yep! I'd go so far as to say they out-classed us most of the game...they're a substantially better team...and yet we hung in there and found a way to win as they say. Which is amazing.

If Vanek doesn't have his best game as a Sabre, we lose.

If Miller isn't in Vezina form, we lose.

If they replay that game 6 more times as part of a best of 7 playoff series, we lose.

Still feels good though.

And yes, I still want Ruff GONE.

imyourhuckleberry

Nyaaa..What's Up Doc
Sep 1, 2003
:laugh: @ Marchand. Someone on that team should tell him it's better to keep his mouth shut and his nose out of certain things....but we all know that's a problem for him! HEYOOOOOOOO

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Cheer up guys, hockey is back. FWIW the Bruins looked really sluggish on Tuesday night against the Devils, and half the team has looked rather out of synch for the majority of play thus far. I think it will get ugly quick, then settle down by the end of the 1st period. I've never been one to predict scores.

Not too far off ;)

It was a good game up to the last 10 minutes from a Boston perspective. The score of 7-4 doesn't really describe how close the game was imo. I thought there were several times where Boston would dominate play and come up fruitless (which in the grand scheme means nothing I guess) and as usual Vanek torches Boston.

Despite the horrible defensive breakdowns by Boston, I was really impressed with the Buffalo forwards, first line in particular. I consider Buffalo to be a one trick pony with a good first line and then not much after that, so I thought the Bruins would have no trouble shutting that one line down. Oddly enough, that one line scored six times :laugh: Boy was I wrong.

Next one should be good, that's for damn sure. I'm sure your guys will use this game as their rallying point, and they damn well should. I just hope the Bruins use it as their wake up call that no matter how tough you think you are, there's always someone tougher on any given night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad