GDT: #07 – Sabres at Bruins – Thu Jan 31 – 7:00PM ET – TV: MSG-B – Radio: WGR-AM

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
gdt-07-top-1.png
gdt-07-top-2.png

gdt-07-top-3.png
gdt-07-top-4.png

GDT #07: SABRES (2-3-1) at BRUINS (5-0-1) – THU JAN 31 – 7:00PM ET – TV: MSG-B – RADIO: WGR-AM

1.29 – Sabres lose clock game (John Vogl – The Buffalo News)

1.29 – Bruins save best for last, once again prove to be resilient in shootout win over Devils (Mike Cole – NESN)

1.29 – Horton leaving no doubt he’s back, operating like ‘machine’ for Bruins (Mike Cole – NESN)

1.30 – Leafs stun Sabres late in overtime, spoil Grigorenko’s first goal (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

1.30 – Grigorenko staying put, scores to cap crazy day (Mike Harrington – The Buffalo News)

1.30 – Sabres’ Kaleta out of hospital, won’t play against Bruins (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

1.30 – Thornton, Scott may have some unfinished business when Sabres come to town (Mike Cole – NESN)

1.30 – Slumping Sabres visit red-hot Bruins (Davis Harper – NHL.com)

1.31 – Sabres’ Weber still battling for regular spot on blue line (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

1.31 – Miller looks to rebound quickly from bad game (Mike Harrington – The Buffalo News)​
header-350x60-team-news-left.png
header-350x60-default-right.png

BUFFALO SABRES

Projected Lineup

26 Thomas Vanek ("A") - 19 Cody Hodgson - 29 Jason Pominville ("C")
9 Steve Ott - 63 Tyler Ennis - 21 Drew Stafford ("A")
82 Marcus Foligno - 25 Mikhail Grigorenko - 55 Jochen Hecht
32 John Scott - 37 Matt Ellis - 42 Nathan Gerbe

3 Jordan Leopold - 57 Tyler Myers
10 Christian Ehrhoff - 52 Alexander Sulzer
6 Mike Weber - 44 Andrej Sekera

30 Ryan Miller
1 Jhonas Enroth

Lineup News & Notes

Nathan Gerbe, Ville Leino (IR; strained right hip), Cody McCormick (IR; finger), Robyn Regehr (foot) and Alexander
Sulzer were scratched in Tuesday's 4-3 OTL to Toronto. Patrick Kaleta (neck) did not travel with the team after being
boarded in Tuesday's game. Gerbe dresses in his absence, as McCormick would require another roster move, ie. move
Kaleta to IR, if he's now healthy. Ryan Miller will start in goal, with Sulzer also drawing back in to replace TJ Brennan.
Leino and Regehr remain out.

Weekly Transactions

None.

According to the Stats

Buffalo were 2-2-2 in six games versus Boston last season, with Ryan Miller appearing in three games and stopping
90 of 94 shots against (2-1-0, 1.45 GAA, .957 SV%). Backup Jhonas Enroth did not fair as well though in his four
appearances (0-1-2, 3.49 GAA, .900 SV%). Meanwhile, their leading scorers in the series were Jason Pominville,
with four goals and two assists, and Thomas Vanek, with two goals and three assists.
header-350x60-opp-news-left.png
header-350x60-opp-news-right.png

BOSTON BRUINS

Projected Lineup

63 Brad Marchand - 37 Patrice Bergeron ("A") - 19 Tyler Seguin
17 Milan Lucic - 46 David Krejci - 18 Nathan Horton
20 Daniel Paille - 23 Chris Kelly - 49 Rich Peverley
64 Lane MacDermid - 11 Gregory Campbell - 22 Shawn Thornton

33 Zdeno Chara ("C") - 55 Johnny Boychuk
44 Dennis Seidenberg - 27 Dougie Hamilton
21 Andrew Ference ("A") - 54 Adam McQuaid

40 Tuukka Rask
35 Anton Khudobin

Lineup News & Notes

Lane MacDermid, Adam McQuaid (personal) and Marc Savard (LTIR; post-concussion syndrome) were scratched in
Tuesday's 2-1 SOW over New Jersey. MacDemid and McQuaid enter into the lineup tonight, with Aaron Johnson
and Chris Bourque scratched, and with Tuukka Rask starting in goal.

Weekly Transactions

None.

According to the Stats

Boston were 4-1-1 in six games versus Buffalo last season. Tuukka Rask appeared in two games and stopped 33 of
37 shots against (0-1-1, 2.76 GAA, .892 SV%). Tyler Seguin, with five goals and three assists, and Patrice Bergeron,
with six assists, were their leading scorers in the series.

header-350x60-stats-standings-left.png
header-350x60-stats-standings-right.png

gdt-07-stats-standings-1.png
gdt-07-stats-standings-2.png

header-350x60-multimedia-left.png
header-350x60-default-right.png

Last edited:

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
at this point idc how we win whether it be beating their faces in, barely beating them in the third or blowing them out...a win is a win and Buffalo needs to give them three period hockey loss-period. Scott and Foligno need to be basically obsolete other than throwing their fists...we need a balance of revenge yet not going so far as being unable to win...

studebaker1*

I'm not looking forward to this as much as I was before the season started.

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
This game will decide if the ship will sink or not. A win with some fights and guys sticking up for each other would be huge for team. That being said, I dont like our chances

SabresBillsBuffalo

May 4, 2010
Buffalo
a bit OT but no suspension for the Brown hit on Kaleta? This league is a travesty. Idc if its only Kaleta, the dude had to go to the hospital. What a joke.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Really think the Sabres will play at least as good of a game as they did against Philly in the opener. I think we'll be pleased by the entertainment and effort. Won't be easy to win though, the Bruins really damn good.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Sabres 2

Bruins 6

We get our a$$ handed to us.... And say thank you kind sir.

I hope the GDT doesn't get ugly like it did with those classy Leafs fans.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
I don't share that bad feeling about this game. This is the time to show that the team has gotten tougher and I hope they really feed off Bruins toughness. I want a war out there tonight, and a Sabres win at the end.

3-2 for the Sabres.
Vanek, Foligno, Grigorenko

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
4-2 bruinszysx

This isn't something I'm amped for, but once it starts I will get into it heavy. Always do vs. Boston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad