Pre-Game Talk: 05/03/2013 Islanders at Penguins: I'm not obsessed with Sid, my F5 key is just stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vega

Nov 25, 2005
Socal
Bylsma is going to make damn sure Sid and Iginla never play on the same line.

roready

Brink, Truth, Life
Jul 10, 2012
iligbpa
I'll help you with what Blysma will probably say about Neal:

He has a lower body injury, and there is no timetable for his return.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Crosby sure practicing like a guy who is playing soon. Lots of signs pointing that way today.
http://twitter.com/JoshYohe_Trib/statuses/329993834333368320

if Crosby doesn't play tomorrow, I'm deleting Kirk's account. Holy Cow. I can't even deal with this anymore.

YOU'RE TEARING ME APART.

WTF are you blaming me for your mood swings? Perhaps next time your docs prescribe meds, you won't let your wife tell you the generic Chinese brand works just as well. :rant:

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
I think it's pretty clear with a healthy Top-6 Bylsma still wants to run Neal-Geno-Iggy ("best" case scenario). Even with Iggy on the right, that line is not a maximization of our Top-6 talent.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Jokinen can take some shifts with Malkin to to help out with faceoffs in the Dzone.

Sure sets up that way. No problem with that either. Frankly, I think Malkin played his best hockey with Bennett on his LW this year for that brief time. As long as this doesn't turn long term into an excuse to have Iggy or Neal play LW, I've got no problem with it.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
WTF are you blaming me for your mood swings? Perhaps next time your docs prescribe meds, you won't let your wife tell you the generic Chinese brand works just as well. :rant:

Chinese medicine is the bomb, dude. I mean, sure, I have an extra toe now, but it cures all my ailments lickity split

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Chinese medicine is the bomb, dude. I mean, sure, I have an extra toe now, but it cures all my ailments lickity split

I really can't disagree with any of that. You are a living, posting testament to the wonders of Chinese medicine. :laugh:

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I'm just dying to use this:

uI9cZ

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Sid and Jokinen split time on the top PP unit, Kennedy on the 2nd unit. Doesn't look like they're 100% sure Sid is going to be in.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Bennett and Iginla had some really good shifts together yesterday if I recall. I think they'll be fine together.

With Iggy at RW, yes. It really does make a difference. People say 'well, Iggy can't play with Geno'. Only time he played pretty much the whole game on Geno's RW was with Duper at LW nine days ago, and that just happened to be the one game where he looked really good with Geno (unfortunately, Dupuis' hands were not quite as accommodating on that evening).

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I think it's pretty clear with a healthy Top-6 Bylsma still wants to run Neal-Geno-Iggy ("best" case scenario). Even with Iggy on the right, that line is not a maximization of our Top-6 talent.

I don't know. I think you'll see Sid with Dupuis and Iggy for some shifts. And, I'm wondering if what Kunitz-Sid-Duper and Sunshine-Geno-Iggy means is that Neal isn't coming back so quickly.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Can anyone confirm or deny the rumor that Orpik approached Sid today during practice with a dental drill and asked 'is it safe'?

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh

It didn't seem that way to me based on the lines yesterday. He had it all set up for Sid to step in for Jokinen. Neal getting hurt changes things.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It didn't seem that way to me based on the lines yesterday. He had it all set up for Sid to step in for Jokinen. Neal getting hurt changes things.

This is what I'm saying.

If he thinks Neal is out maybe a game tops, then I expect to see a bit of Dupuis-Sid-Iggy, no matter how the game starts.

If Neal could be a couple of weeks, then these lines make perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad