Recalled/Assigned: 05/02/2020: Cayden Primeau Sent Back to Laval

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I wonder if it could be for the player himself. He gets an NHL pay check for a while. Must be a nice bonus.

Exactly what I was just going to post.. Another $10K in his pocket for just watching the game on the bench. Compared to $900 in the AHL per game. Pretty sure he appreciates this

Reactions: angusyoung

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Honestly, I think they probably just forgot Kinkaid was part of the team.

I use to like the potential Lindgren had but that has deflated cause his past NHL numbers prior to this year appear to be a fluke. I have more trust in Kinkaid to be honest. But then again, Kinkaid's numbers are worse than Lindgren's in the AHL. WTF? :facepalm:

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I use to like the potential Lindgren had but that has deflated cause his past NHL numbers prior to this year appear to be a fluke. I have more trust in Kinkaid to be honest. But then again, Kinkaid's numbers are worse than Lindgren's in the AHL. WTF? :facepalm:

What's Waites role in all this? Habs can't have a decent backup to Price,who goes to the moon to often. Thought Waite was there to help all the goalies,but seems like he has done SFA.

Reactions: MasterD

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
Exactly what I was just going to post.. Another $10K in his pocket for just watching the game on the bench. Compared to $900 in the AHL per game. Pretty sure he appreciates this
I heard something around 8K. Kinkaid have an NHL contract so it's the same for him. Must be some kind of reward for playing well in Laval. Not that they have cap issue :naughty::facepalm:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What's Waites role in all this? Habs can't have a decent backup to Price,who goes to the moon to often. Thought Waite was there to help all the goalies,but seems like he has done SFA.

We have issues like the Leafs. A great starter who shelters the team D flaws. Blaming the back-up is not something I would do in these cases. A guy like Hutton went from having impressive numbers with the Preds D and look at him now with the Sabres?

Team D is a problem. And it starts up the middle. Our actual Defensemen is solid but those forwards have flawed issues. Centers are not mature enough aside from Danault and too many soft types on the wings. Puck gets turned over by our forwards in breakouts a lot cause we are out muscled. Not much a back-up can do to shelter team D issues IMO

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
We have issues like the Leafs. A great starter who shelters the team D flaws. Blaming the back-up is not something I would do in these cases. A guy like Hutton went from having impressive numbers with the Preds D and look at him now with the Sabres?

Team D is a problem. And it starts up the middle. Our actual Defensemen is solid but those forwards have flawed issues. Centers are not mature enough aside from Danault and too many soft types on the wings. Puck gets turned over by our forwards in breakouts a lot cause we are out muscled. Not much a back-up can do to shelter team D issues IMO

So it's the centers fault for all those losses? sounds right. But why do the goalies suck too often on marginal plays and look incompetent.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So it's the centers fault for all those losses? sounds right. But why do the goalies suck too often on marginal plays and look incompetent.

It's more about the sum of all parts vs looking at just one part.

And the difference between a starter and a back-up is making the saves you should stop more consistently. I don't know any back-up goalie who can shelter any team D issues. Soft goals happen more with back-ups vs Starters yes. It's deeper than that though and I'm not talking about just one game

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
All the back ups suck. You would think a team who's so reliant on their #1 Goalie would understand the importance of getting a good back up...

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
He developed this knowledge - how to travel in a high tech airplane. C'mon that's something positive to say.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
All the back ups suck. You would think a team who's so reliant on their #1 Goalie would understand the importance of getting a good back up...

If we had a cup contender like the Leafs, I'd be a bit more pissed off about it than the Habs roster this year. They are wasting away prime years from their core and Dubas is making some questionable moves IMO.

I did hear a rumor that Bergevin wanted to sign McElhinney but he said no to Montreal.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
If we had a cup contender like the Leafs, I'd be a bit more pissed off about it than the Habs roster this year. They are wasting away prime years from their core and Dubas is making some questionable moves IMO.

I did hear a rumor that Bergevin wanted to sign McElhinney but he said no to Montreal.
Who would want to freely sign here...only desperate folks or bad deals.
We maybe get a crack at extensions if they've been brought via trade..otherwise...nobody will want to come play for a Mickey mouse run operation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad