Recalled/Assigned: 05/02/2020: Cayden Primeau Sent Back to Laval

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It's already mentioned in the Primeau thread, but also wanted to note that McNiven is being called up to Laval in the meantime.

Price being a victim of the flu, will not travel to New Jersey with the team. As a result, Primeau gets called up on emergency loan. And McNiven is subsequently called up from Norfolk in the ECHL to Laval. They play on Wednesday.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The right thing to do is play Lindgren but they will probably play Primeau who has been below average for a while now.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
The right thing to do is play Lindgren but they will probably play Primeau who has been below average for a while now.
The right thing to do is to play with the goaltender that can make you win. That is all.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
That would be Lindgren. As someone who has watched most Laval games my opinion is Primeau is a long way from being an NHL goalie. He truly is not ready
Lindgren hasn't won jock, he's a decoration at this point. You don't play him to win at all.

The players are Pros, they're no longer Juniors who have to deserve their ice time and get drafted. They have to play to win all the time. Lindgren isn't able to do this we've seen it enough his last game.

I don't care who's ready or not, you're ready when you're needed or you can plan your after-career earlier than others.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I don't care who's ready or not, you're ready when you're needed or you can plan your after-career earlier than others.
That has to the dumbest thing I have read in years. And I read my aunt's "by posting this I officially oppose to Facebook using my images for promos" stupid Facebook posts.

You're not ready, you're not ready, that's all there is to it. That's why he's not in the NHL in the first place.

Reactions: Zam Boni

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Lindgren hasn't won jock, he's a decoration at this point. You don't play him to win at all.

The players are Pros, they're no longer Juniors who have to deserve their ice time and get drafted. They have to play to win all the time. Lindgren isn't able to do this we've seen it enough his last game.

This mindset ruins young players.

Reactions: Oryxo and Zam Boni

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
That has to the dumbest thing I have read in years. And I read my aunt's "by posting this I officially oppose to Facebook using my images for promos" stupid Facebook posts.

You're not ready, you're not ready, that's all there is to it. That's why he's not in the NHL in the first place.
Really? Go watch some vids pal. Specially where Herms Edwards explains to rookies what playing in the NFL is and what a professional has to be. If you think that's still dumb I can't do anything for you. We'll disagree eternally and I'll think you're a loser forever.
This mindset ruins young players.
It doesn't!? There's no way you could ever demonstrate this at all, it's superstitious bullshit and nothing more. Professionals need to be ready when they get the call to perform. By avoiding it, you're setting a precedent where players think their individual realm is more important than the team success.

And now we have a full decade of mediocrity to contemplate and a forever minor league religion to despair about.

Last edited:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
That would be Lindgren. As someone who has watched most Laval games my opinion is Primeau is a long way from being an NHL goalie. He truly is not ready
Guess we will have to disagree. I definitely think him continuing in the AHL to mature and learn is the best course of action. That being said, he is not that far off from being an NHL player.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Really? Go watch some vids pal. Specially where Herms Edwards explains to rookies what playing in the NFL is and what a professional has to be. If you think that's still dumb I can't do anything for you. We'll disagree eternally and I'll think you're a loser forever.

It doesn't!? There's no way you could ever demonstrate this at all, it's superstitious bull**** and nothing more. Professionals need to be ready when they get the call to perform. By avoiding it, you're setting a precedent where players think their individual realm is more important than the team success.

And now we have a full decade of mediocrity to contemplate and a forever minor league religion to despair about.

NFLers are drafted older. They're usually 20-21 with 3 years of PRO college football experience.
NFL is a different beast, you just can't compare playing Primeau playing for Northeastern University hockey team with a NFL prospect getting 3 years playing for Notre Dame Irish. World of a difference.

As for who you start yesterday. These aren't simple names on paper. Lindgren's been eating pucks at practices, he's there for the warm ups every game, he's a person who interacts and befriends the rest of the team members. Calling up a rookie who's not even particularly doing well in the AHL to use him over him is quite the slap in the face of the guy. Minimum of respect is needed sometimes.

Reactions: Oryxo

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Speaking of Kinkaid, it was reported that he was real upset when the Habs chose to call Primeau up instead of him. There was apparently a heated exchange between Bouchard and he during the practice.

Obviously, Bouchard defended the guy after practice when asked about it. Said he sat and spoke with Kinkaid one-on-one after practice to talk about it. Says that this is a difficult moment in Kinkaid's career and Bouchard said that he wants to make sure he's there for him.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Speaking of Kinkaid, it was reported that he was real upset when the Habs chose to call Primeau up instead of him. There was apparently a heated exchange between Bouchard and he during the practice.

Obviously, Bouchard defended the guy after practice when asked about it. Said he sat and spoke with Kinkaid one-on-one after practice to talk about it. Says that this is a difficult moment in Kinkaid's career and Bouchard said that he wants to make sure he's there for him.
The loudest statement Kinkaid can make is with his play if he wants to get back to the NHL. Trade deadline is close, now would be the time to show someone he deserves another chance.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site

What’s Kincaid done? Why should he get called up? He can’t stop a puck in the ahl, so why expect to get recalled?

Reactions: Adam Michaels

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
anyone can guess why they called up Primeau to sit him on the bench rather then Kinkaid? Laval is playing today and from what I understand, Primeau is Laval number 1 at this point. So he should play tonight. Why not let him rest in Laval instead of going to NJ. Also, Kinkaid would probably have been happier about it. Seems like a lost-lost. Could have been worse (lost-lost-lost) if Lindgren had lost yesterday i guess.

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
anyone can guess why they called up Primeau to sit him on the bench rather then Kinkaid? Laval is playing today and from what I understand, Primeau is Laval number 1 at this point. So he should play tonight. Why not let him rest in Laval instead of going to NJ. Also, Kinkaid would probably have been happier about it. Seems like a lost-lost. Could have been worse (lost-lost-lost) if Lindgren had lost yesterday i guess.

I wonder if it could be for the player himself. He gets an NHL pay check for a while. Must be a nice bonus.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Honestly, I think they probably just forgot Kinkaid was part of the team.

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018

Reported by who? You got that off Hockey30 which is the only place to mention this, and is not really reporting since he makes things up.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The loudest statement Kinkaid can make is with his play if he wants to get back to the NHL. Trade deadline is close, now would be the time to show someone he deserves another chance.
You're right. Unfortunately for Kinkaid, the loudest statement he'll probably make is the swishing sound of the puck going into the net behind him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad