GDT: 04/24/2014 - Avalanche @ Minnesota - 8:30 CDT - 4:30 Suomi - FSN,FSWI,TSN2,CNBC,RDS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I wish everybody on the boards could hear and see the fans these last 2 games. In the seats, in the concourse, the stairwells, and on the streets. So loud. So happy. To other fans around the league, it may seem silly to go so crazy after just a couple wins in a tied series. But we rarely have things to celebrate in this sports town and it's like 19000 plus completely letting loose. It's so quiet during the regular season. Tonight when the Wild had a prime chance but hit the pipe, one section started chanting "You got lucky." Almost caught on. It's night and day right now. Fans are involved.

Good game. Lots of missed opportunities, which we have to get better at. Bad goal by Kemps, but he's allowed one. The kids are really stepping up this postseason. Next game is gonna be a whole other beast. Avs are angry, and they'll have the fans on their side. I feel like McLeod and Bordy are ticking time bombs.

Cluttered

Jul 16, 2012
Saskatoon, SK
so the power went out at the end of the 1st. went to my grandma's, but had to wait until the bos/det game finished up. missed all of the 2nd. had a bit of a freakout.

but man, what's up with this team? imagine if we were playing a team with an average goalie.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
so the power went out at the end of the 1st. went to my grandma's, but had to wait until the bos/det game finished up. missed all of the 2nd. had a bit of a freakout.

but man, what's up with this team? imagine if we were playing a team with an average goalie.

If Varlamov stops being hot, the games become blowouts.

If we can carry some of this swagger into The Can on Saturday, we'll be coming home with the Avs set up to be knocked out.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
I wish everybody on the boards could hear and see the fans these last 2 games. In the seats, in the concourse, the stairwells, and on the streets. So loud. So happy. To other fans around the league, it may seem silly to go so crazy after just a couple wins in a tied series. But we rarely have things to celebrate in this sports town and it's like 19000 plus completely letting loose. It's so quiet during the regular season. Tonight when the Wild had a prime chance but hit the pipe, one section started chanting "You got lucky." Almost caught on. It's night and day right now. Fans are involved.

Good game. Lots of missed opportunities, which we have to get better at. Bad goal by Kemps, but he's allowed one. The kids are really stepping up this postseason. Next game is gonna be a whole other beast. Avs are angry, and they'll have the fans on their side. I feel like McLeod and Bordy are ticking time bombs.

Well said. :nod:

Boogardsfist

May 3, 2013
New Brighton
They are building depth by being a TEAM! So what if it's a low scoring game. They are playing as a TEAM, D and if Varly wasn't in net, O. I have watched every SCP game, looking good! They are gelling.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul

By far the most fun I have ever had at a Wild game. Fans were absolutely electric. People cheering in the concourse after, on the streets, honking their horns leaving the parking lots. So many chokes and heart breaks we've endured. Time to let that frustration out. Lets steal game 5 and wrap this up Monday.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Right, so I just got back from the game and I will say without a doubt that was the best atmosphere I've been at for a Wild game.

People were up, cheering, yelling until they were hoarse, swearing, starting sieve chants, towel waiving, booing, clapping for good play, willing the team on --- everything I think we all want for EVERY game.

Not to mention getting the win was incredibly sweet, especially considering the absolutely horrid job that crew did on the ice tonight.

Oh, and if anyone calls our team "dirty" after this one...they can jump in a lake. Colorado focused way too much on trying to be physical and run Granlund 2,848,458,420 times that they didn't actually play much hockey at all.

Prosser was held down on the ice away from the play for at least 5-8 seconds or more.

Held down, the opposing player looks at the official, sees he's not looking and then holds him down more. No call. I assume the TV camera panned away at that point but we were going berserk in our section. That was one of the more egregious ones.

Ahhhh also, not sure if anyone saw it on TV or not (haven't scrolled through all the threads) but pictures of Varlamov at his hearing for domestic violence and his mugshot were definitely pressed up against the glass every time he looked back for a drink of water....

It was also awesome talking hockey with Dave Christian and a few other Minnesota based pros before the game, KFAN wanted me for pictures as did the FSN girls. Good times all around.

Last edited:

Foxlockbox

:laugh: is my period
Mar 22, 2011
Finland
Right, so I just got back from the game and I will say without a doubt that was the best atmosphere I've been at for a Wild game.

People were up, cheering, yelling until they were hoarse, swearing, starting sieve chants, towel waiving, booing, clapping for good play, willing the team on --- everything I think we all want for EVERY game.

Not to mention getting the win was incredibly sweet, especially considering the absolutely horrid job that crew did on the ice tonight.

Oh, and if anyone calls our team "dirty" after this one...they can jump in a lake. Colorado focused way too much on trying to be physical and run Granlund 2,848,458,420 times that they didn't actually play much hockey at all.

Prosser was held down on the ice away from the play for at least 5-8 seconds or more.

Held down, the opposing player looks at the official, sees he's not looking and then holds him down more. No call. I assume the TV camera panned away at that point but we were going berserk in our section. That was one of the more egregious ones.

Ahhhh also, not sure if anyone saw it on TV or not (haven't scrolled through all the threads) but pictures of Varlamov at his hearing for domestic violence and his mugshot were definitely pressed up against the glass every time he looked back for a drink of water....

It was also awesome talking hockey with Dave Christian and a few other Minnesota based pros before the game, KFAN wanted me for pictures as did the FSN girls. Good times all around.

Awesome :laugh: And good post!

WildFinn*

That's...that's amazing!

That is a level of troll I didn't think Wild fans had in them.

Yep, I predicted the crazies are coming to the stands, maybe even some North Stars maniacs.

I wish someone uploads that??

I also hope there is no Minnesota nice in that building ever. :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad