GDT: 04/24/2014 - Avalanche @ Minnesota - 8:30 CDT - 4:30 Suomi - FSN,FSWI,TSN2,CNBC,RDS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN

Storylines for the Game

i3len1Yh2vzbJ.gif

Dr-Dre-you-got-owned-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-251.gif

940x.jpg

Paul Stastny and Nathan MacKinnon have been arguably the most eclectic players in the entire league since the playoffs started. This pairing already has 14(!) points so far this series and with their skill level the sky is the limit. The Wild are going to have to severely clamp down on them - in ways similar to what they did in Game Three - if they want to continue to find success.

20140422__CookeBarrie.jpg

Matt Cooke did what we all hoped he would never do in this uniform - something that many, if not all, of us believed that was left far behind in his past. While it is easy to see that he has reformed his overall play - as evidenced by the drop in PIM and suspensions in recent years - he still made a dump play the other night in St Paul. The man has been suspended for seven games and not only does this shift our even strength lineup, but it also harms the overall effectiveness of the penalty kill unit. It is easy to see how the loss of Cooke will harm this team. It remains to be seen how exactly this will affect this team but it it is highly doubtful it is overall for the better.

avs-barrie-495x297.jpg

The Colorado Avalanche, on that same flip of the coin, lost arguably the most mobile and offensively gifted defender on their team. It has already been announced he is going to be out for the rest of the playoffs in a 4-6 week rehabilitation stint following MCL surgery, and it is up in the air to see how the rest of the Avalanche team will respond.

mikael-granlund-nhl-stanley-cup-playoffs-colorado-avalanche-minnesota-wild.jpg

The Wild, a traditionally low scoring team, look to be continuing their ways. Their leading scorers, Parise and Koivu, are barely ahead of a trio of players sitting at three points. The Wild need several players to step it up in big ways. Jason Pominville and Matt Moulson have been doing their best impression of Sue Storm from the Fantastic Four and if the Wild have any hopes of tying this series at two games a piece, secondary scorers are going to have to start chipping in points.

Lineups

Minnesota Wild
hi-res-166514443-zach-parise-jason-pominville-and-mikko-koivu-of-the_crop_exact.jpg

Playoff Record:
1-2
7GF | 9GA
1-0 at Home
First Wildcard team

Leading Scorers

colorado-avalanche-v-minnesota-wild-20140422-022445-887.jpg

Zach Parise
3GP | 0g | 4a | 4p | -1 | 4PIM

485399599.jpg

Mikko Koivu
3GP | 0G | 3A | 3P | -1 | 2PIM

20140420__20140421_B6_SP21HKNWILD~p1.jpg

Ryan Suter
3GP | 1G | 1A | 2p | -1 | 2PIM

Darcy-Kuemper-Just-Another-Chapter-in-a-Year-of-Goalie-Surprises-for-the-Minnesota-Wild.jpg

Darcy Kuemper will start
1GS | 1-0-0 | 0.00GAA | 1.000SV% | 1 SO

Parise - Granlund - Pominville
Moulson - Koivu - Coyle
Nino - Haula - Fontaine
Heatley - Brodziak - McCormick

*Pairings subject to change*
Suter - Brodin
Scandella - Spurgeon
Prosser - Stoner

Kuemper
Bryzgalov

Colorado Avalanche
andre-benoit-nathan-mackinnon-paul-stastny-gabriel-landeskog-nick-holden-nhl-stanley-cup-playoffs-minnesota-wild-colorado-avalanche.jpg

2-1
9GF | 7GA
0-1 on the Road
1st in Central Conference

Leading Scorers

201404172345855360652-p2.jpeg

Paul Stastny
3GP | 3G | 4A | 7P | +2 | 0PIM

nathan-mackinnon-nhl-stanley-cup-playoffs-minnesota-wild-colorado-avalanche1.jpg

Nathan MacKinnon
3GP | 1G | 6A | 7P | +5 | 2PIM

gabriel-landeskog-kyle-brodziak-nhl-stanley-cup-playoffs-minnesota-wild-colorado-avalanche.jpg

Gabriel Landeskog
3GP | 3G | 0A | 3P | +2 | 0PIM

940x.jpg

Semyon Varlamov will start
3GS | 2-1 | 2.21GAA | .937SV%

Landeskog - Stastny - MacKinnon
McGinn - O'Reilly - Parenteau
McLeod - Cliche - Talbot
Malone - Hishon - Bordeleau

Hejda - Johnson
Holden - Benoit
Wilson - Guenin

Varlamov
Giguere

847534088.gif

163485802_slide.jpg

team_of_18_000_by_autumnsteinmetz-d2xvxok.jpg

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Playoff GDT this early on game day?

Oh yes.

giphy.gif

Wild win tonight 3-2 after hanging on in the third period and NOT giving up a goal with mere seconds left in the game.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Awesome GDT. I think the Wild will take the boost in confidence and win 3-1. Let's go boys!

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Just rec'd a text from a buddy of mine saying he has an extra ticket (club level) for the game tonight.

Hmmmm......should I go to the game or watch it on tv?

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
Another close game, Wild 2-1 win.

Finally ESPN BR will broadcast the Wild and not just the Pens and Rangers. Bad thing is that one of the broadcasters cheers for the avs, but is better than nothing.

WildFinn*

Thanks to anyone that got the Cookie Monster back, now we are set to go. :yo:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Nice GDT!

We really, really need this one. Go ****ing get it, boys.

Billy Mays Here*

We have a chance tonight to change our fate from that of last year's Chicago series, because up to this point, this series has been nearly identical. Just win, but do it in regulation if possible, not sure if I can stand another OT, too nerve racking.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
We have a chance tonight to change our fate from that of last year's Chicago series, because up to this point, this series has been nearly identical. Just win, but do it in regulation if possible, not sure if I can stand another OT, too nerve racking.

Pleaseeeeeee regulation. Game 3 was mentally exhausting. I just want them to tie this series without having to sweat out OT with my stomach in my throat.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Nice GDT!! Ty.

We need to win this one. I would say the whole year comes down to this game.

We win it, we can win the series. We lose this game and it's over, IMO.

Plus, **** the Avs!!!!! Let's tear them apart and win this ****ing series!!!

They deserve to go back to their holes and drink their virgin margaritas and cry, IMO:D

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Can't wait to get there today

Yeah, I couldn't sleep....at all. I think at 7am I forced my body to give me two hours, since this is a really, really late start. Another friend was up and I don't think fell asleep until past 8am.

Brutal stuff going to playoff hockey does with stress. I dry heaved sixteen times for Game 4 against Chicago last year. Hopefully, that doesn't happen again...but it probably will.

Anyway, WAR WILD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad