GDT: 04/09/2013 | Chicago Blackhawks @ Minnesota Wild | 7:00 PM CST NBCSN & TSN2

OpRedDawn*

Clutter did have a nice hit though, it was on Kane I think. And, I liked how the D roughed up sharp. Falk almost laid someone out too.

Billy Mays Here*

Not sure whether I'll laugh or cry if this team somehow manages to collapse and miss the playoffs again.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Not sure whether I'll laugh or cry if this team somehow manages to collapse and miss the playoffs again.
What if they make the playoffs, but have to face the Ducks or Hawks?

I've never wanted to see Vancouver in the postseason so badly. I think it'd be a great matchup, and the best chance for the Wild to possibly move on.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I think people are also forgetting how tough our opponents have been lately and how much easier they will be at the end of the season.

Of the 9 remaining games we have-

Oilers x2
Flames x2
Avs
Blue Jackets

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
I think people are also forgetting how tough our opponents have been lately and how much easier they will be at the end of the season.
That's probably because of the fact that most are Minnesota sports fans. :laugh:

:help:

On a more serious note, seeing as CGY and COL are in tank mode, I wouldn't be surprise if the Wild destroyed them.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
That's probably because of the fact that most are Minnesota sports fans. :laugh:

:help:

On a more serious note, seeing as CGY and COL are in tank mode, I wouldn't be surprise if the Wild destroyed them.

Colorado yes. Calgary eh.

Edmonton scares me. They end with Minnesota, Phoenix, and Calgary.

Dallas doesn't. Too hard of a schedule.

I know Edmonton is 7 points back but they can make up those points quickly. Beat Minnesota twice, Phoenix and Calgary. 8 right there.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
I'm still kinda baffled with Bouchard. I bet half the time he himself doesn't have any idea what he's trying to do. Other than "I. MUST. NOT. PASS. THE. PUCK!"

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i wasnt expecting a win over the nhl's best team but where was our offense? this was a measuring stick game and the wild swing & a miss. well theres always next year.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
When I drove by the X an hour before the game, it was all Hawks fans outside. When I went to the Hawks game a couple years ago, the Hawks fans were way louder than the Wild fans, loud and proud. Just kind of a fact, Wild fans are mellow and they don't usually have much to cheer for.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
I wish the Wild could play like the Blackhawks. Moving their feet, good puck movement, supporting each other. They all seem to be on the same page. I don't know if that's because of coaching or just something that comes from playing with each other for a while, but I hope the Wild can get there. The way the Wild play just seems sloppy.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
This is not a "sky is falling" post, far from it....

But our 1st line played like dog **** last night. Parise had his worst game of the season, Koivu was invisible and Pominville looked like he was still trying to figure out where he fits on that line.

Clutterbuck sucks. Bouchard needs to be benched.

Is Brodziak hurt? Seriously. There HAS to be some explanation for his seemingly lazy play.

Russo is right, Setoguchi IS a lost puppy with Cullen. Matt - please get healthy....QUICK!!!!

Suter, Brodin, Falk and Spurgeon played pretty well, I thought.

Stoner? Don't get me started, I may have a stroke.

Backstrom kept it a one goal game. He needs to get re-signed ASAP.

All that being said, I'm confident they get back on track. But get Zucker up here and insert him in Bouchard's spot on the 2nd line with Granlund and Setoguchi.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
There is more than a few people who are becoming skeptics at this point. Personally I think NBC has a little to do with it. I believe they have teams that they would much rather see in the playoffs than some of the decent ones in the West. It's all a ratings game.

I know its moot because they are the #1 team in the Conference/League. But I honestly think they want to do everything in their power to drive ratings high. For that to happen they need the big name team to be hot.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
They won't.

Boy I wish I had your confidence. But I've been in full panic mode for a while now. Columbus was the only glimpse of the good Wild we've seen in a while. We almost saw some of it last night, but then Stoner went and ****ed it all up. We need points, badly. If we don't get anything against the Blues, then we damn well better stomp Columbus into oblivion or we are dead.

Quicy

Jun 24, 2012
Making the playoffs would be nice, because it has been so long. But going into the playoffs while not playing well to end the season could be disastrous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad