GDT: 03/12/2013 | Anaheim Ducks @ Minnesota Wild | 7:00 PM CST FSN + FSWI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
As a fan of both teams, I'd obviously have wanted to see the game go a bit differently. Contrary to Perry's reputation, he's been less of a dirty player since his Hart campaign. Seems to have realized that he can't score goals if he's in the box. Obviously he deserves a suspension, but +5 would have been a bit too much. Zucker is caught admiring his pass and moves his head after Perry is committed. I don't think Perry was trying to injure anyone on that hit and he looked surprisingly worried afterwards. Plus I've never heard Perry sending out apologies to anyone, even if it was via messenger, so that to him was something new at least.

Lets just hope Zucker will be okey, the Ducks have had their share of concussion problems this season (Fowler and Palmieri) so we don't want to see anybody else having the suffer also. Perry will get his suspension.

The positive about that game was that the Wild could keep up and outplay the Ducks skill-wise for most of the game. While a lot of the time was spent on the PP, the game showed that the Wild can contend with the best of them. If only they'd learn to play the full 60 minutes, but I think that's a problem every team in the league has.

I actually don't hope these two teams will meet in the playoffs, unless it's in the WCF. Want to see both teams succeed.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I don't give two craps about Perry. They can suspend him for 50 games or let him off the hook and it makes no difference. Zucker is very likely lost for a long time. And he was one of maybe 3-4 forwards who can skate and shoot the puck.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Woke up this morning and my first thought was the game last night.

Still embarrassed by this team. More depressed than pissed off.

Feels like my pet Hamster just died or something.

JamesRanger

Sep 23, 2011
Plymouth
The loss hurts for more then one reason but in the big picture we played well enough to win. In fact we played well enough that we win that game nearly every time. They caught the breaks as they have all year but that doesn't diminish how well we played.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
After getting a few hours sleep I am not so upset over the loss. Every team endures a loss sometimes that seems like a complete injustice all around. We had our loss last night. Maybe this means we catch a break in the playoffs (should we get there) when we really need it? Everything balances out. We will get our justice to right this injustice down the road.

The only thing that remains in my mind though is that I despise the Anaheim fanbase now and I was indifferent before. I have always had my opinion about warm weather states having NHL hockey teams but overall have kept my mouth shut on that topic. But yes, not a fan of the Anaheim Ducks (thanks to their fans and dirty players) and I hope they get destroyed in the playoffs first round.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
It was a bs hit, but it is true that Perry has been cleaner over the last couple years. I really hope Zucker is ok.... Or as best as possible... That's going to suck...

I really wish the Wild hadn't dropped the ****ing ball the way they did after that hit. A team should get mad and pissed and make the opponent pay, and we did ****. We were owning them too, so WTF...

I hope they learn from this and don't let it happen again. I also hope they pull their collective heads out of their collective arses and fix the mother ****ing pp. I swear to God... It has been killing our momentum all season, fix it!

If Perry gets 4-5, that would seem fair. It is a real shame that these kinds of hits do crop up every week on at least one team though. They should crack down on them a little more and make them more painful to the offender, might make them happen less. Too many players getting hurt from this, imo...

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
I woke up early in the morning (I'm an old man already), checked my phone and saw that it was 1-1. Then decided to watch the last 5 minutes or so.. Darn.

But I had no clue what had happened to Zucker earlier. ****.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Well, I used to tolerate Ducks purely because Selänne (and Koivu) are awesome.

Now though... I don't know, man. I want to like them because two Finnish hockey icons play there, but aside from them, the whole ****ing disgrace of a hockey team can go **** themselves with a barbed wire 2-by-4.

Billy Mays Here*

Now though... I don't know, man. I want to like them because two Finnish hockey icons play there, but aside from them, the whole ****ing disgrace of a hockey team can go **** themselves with a barbed wire 2-by-4.

***** wrapped in sandpaper?

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle

Electrified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad