GDT: 03/12/2013 | Anaheim Ducks @ Minnesota Wild | 7:00 PM CST FSN + FSWI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I wish I wasn't as passionate about this team. I feel like someone just killed my dog
No kidding. The emotions can get so intense. And it's just a game! I was ready to punch a brick wall after the 2nd. One of my friends thinks of me as having two personalities. Most days I'm a nice, calm person. But during a hockey game the evil comes out. She'll get incoherant text messages with me swearing like a sailor. :biglaugh:

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
I think well be fine. Guys know the deserved to win but they also know they did not do nearly enough on the plethora of power play opportunities. That's on them. They know that and realize that they left the Ducks in the game. So I don't think it will be as disheartening as it could be which is good/bad.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
I was always indifferent to Anaheim even though to be honest, CA hockey teams to me just seems.... well, not right.

But after tonight, I cannot stand the Ducks.

There's a pretty long tradition of hockey in the Bay Area, and plenty of transplants from hockey regions to make the Sharks popular.

Ditto LA; it's such a huge city that there's just enough raw population to make that team a success. Plus they had Gretzky; there's real history in that team.

But Anaheim. I will never be OK with a goddamned suburb of LA getting a team in the same year that we lost ours. Especially not when that suburban team was basically just a marketing ploy by the Disney company. (And those hideous jerseys...)

So yeah, what I'm trying to say is, hockey is good for California and California is good for hockey, but seriously **** the Ducks.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
The 2nd goal...

163583037_slide.jpg

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
not literally, no. but the energy and focus was gone. but then you knew what i meant.
Absolutely gone. If they didn't stop playing, they very well could have seen a different outcome. Losing to an opponent sucks, but losing to yourselves is beyond frustrating. They didn't deserve those 2 points tonight. They handed the win right over by backing off and not making the most of golden opportunities they were given. Rather than making the statement,"You hurt our guy, we're gonna hurt you on the scoreboard."....they instead chose to roll over and play dead. Earned zero respect.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

Oh, yeah...that makes everything better.

That's like someone shooting your dog for fun and when the cops drag him away he looks over at you and sneers and hiss out "I'm really really sorry!"

Come off more like Perry bragging than actually being sorry.

Shannahan better come down hard on that piece of human excrement.

**** Anaheim. Not just the Ducks, but the Angels too. Screw the whole damned suburb.

THEALLKNOWING*

After the goal was disallowed, my son and I looked at each other and sort of said the game was over. There was no life in the crowd afterward. The absolute failures on the 5 on 3, and 5-min major was essentially like pulling the plug on a life support patient.

Dont mistake the shot differential as an indication how the team played, or as some sort of Wild domination of the game. I felt they only played well for about 10 minutes in the first period.

On the D, Spurgeon and Gilbert stood-out by being absolutely terrible. The same could be said about Brodziak and Cal C. Seto, Cullen and the fourth line were the best among the forwards.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
"It is what it is." -Stupid people who are very bad at talking and explaining themselves.

Also, that "joke" of a franchise spawned by a Disney movie has one more Cup than we do. And that, folks, is why I cry at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad