GDT: 03/03/2013 | Wild vs Oilers | 7:00 PM CST FSN + FSWI

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
lol, what is it about the whole thing that is causing butthurt?

God forbid people have fun with things. Why So srs!?!

Whoever the guy is, he's annoying. The commercial, moreso. So, that idiot commercial is played almost twice per break. Then, everyone goes full lemming with it on here. It's just stupid.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I agree...Now that Modano has retired, there is no one with that Stars org that was a member of the North Stars. However, there are still alot of old North Stars fans, like myself, who can't wait to continue that rivalry we had with Chicago.

Besides, that rivalry should be easier to re-ignite due to the fact that Minnesota and Chicago are already rivals in both football and baseball, as well.

How could would it be to hear the "Secord Sucks" chant ringing through the X when the Blackhawks make their vist visit as a divisional opponent?? :yo:

Exactly! Denis Savard is another name that makes my skin crawl when we think of that old North Stars/Blackhawks rivalry. His spirit is still all over that organization... didn't work out as a coach but he still has strong ties to the organization.

Yes, the Minnesota/Chicago rivalry will re-ignite. No one can forget that past NHL hockey history and like you said, we are already rivals in football and baseball... hockey is going to immediately pick up again. I work with a Chicago native and Hawks fan who cringes when people say his team and the Canucks have a rivalry. He doesn't feel it's a true rivalry at all. He wants the Chicago/Minnesota rivalry back and fast!

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
yup, Zucker has really shown insta-chemistry with Gooch. Coyle hasn't definitively latched on anywhere yet IMO. his play is improving though as he gets more comfortable, so it'd be a tough decision to send him back with all the "what ifs" in your head.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Exactly! Denis Savard is another name that makes my skin crawl when we think of that old North Stars/Blackhawks rivalry. His spirit is still all over that organization... didn't work out as a coach but he still has strong ties to the organization.

Yes, the Minnesota/Chicago rivalry will re-ignite. No one can forget that past NHL hockey history and like you said, we are already rivals in football and baseball... hockey is going to immediately pick up again. I work with a Chicago native and Hawks fan who cringes when people say his team and the Canucks have a rivalry. He doesn't feel it's a true rivalry at all. He wants the Chicago/Minnesota rivalry back and fast!

Seeing as some of the more intense, nastier games we've had in the past 1-2 years have been St. Louis and Winnipeg, those are going to be fun as well

Emilie

Feb 6, 2013
MN
Whoever the guy is, he's annoying. The commercial, moreso. So, that idiot commercial is played almost twice per break. Then, everyone goes full lemming with it on here. It's just stupid.

You're in serious need of a sense of humor. Yikes.

vitogor

Oct 26, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
Listen, two weeks ago everybody wanted to get rid of Cullen, last week it was Heatley, then they have a couple of big games, and everybody gets quiet. Now we need a new scapegoat. Bouchard!! Get him, waive him, cut him, slice him, dice him... We need to stop being so bi-polar as a fan base. It's great to have a guy like Bouchard as a "depth" player, you know he's not going to complain or stink up the room about it. And we've been blessed health wise so far, but you remember how quickly that can change, don't you?

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
it's the same general attitude that rules here: wherever you are isn't good enough, even though it's more than you were expecting. How do we get more?

at least with the heatley hate it's a little more consistent. the guy could lead the team in points instead of being only fourth (fourth to 3 players who also have huge cap hits) and if he goes a game without one someone would still complain. ****, what does it say when he's one of the slowest guys out there, or shows no heart or effort or whatever makebelieve crap, shoots half as much as pairse, and still is tied for the lead in goals. and some dumbass will still want to get rid of him for picks. its just so laughably stupid.

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey

Why are you getting so upset over it? No one really likes the rapper Pitbull and are annoyed by the commercials as well. But just for fun some of us have made it a fun mocking running joke about him and the commercials. Yes it is annoying like that Gangnam Style guy, the Macaren, or whatever fad is out their. But no need to get all hostile about it. It will pass eventually, just ignore it.

SwimToTheMoon

Wild fan in WPG
Sep 5, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I'd say hang onto Butch and get something for him at the deadline. Or if we're in a playoff spot, just keep him, might as well.

Looks like Edmonton traded for Mike Brown this morning.....cause you know, when you get a whopping 0 shots in a period, the answer is to pick up an enforcer.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
province mod, you commented we should beat a garbage team like EDM, well even the bottom teams typically win 1/3 of their games so there are no "gimmes" in pro hockey (imo). with all the talent edm has theres no excuse they cant play better. sooner or later they should start trading some of their 2nd tier talent for a couple quality experienced vets. they need at least 2 D-men & probably 2 vet forwards. shop hemsky, gagner, paarv, smyth.

SwimToTheMoon

Wild fan in WPG
Sep 5, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
province mod, you commented we should beat a garbage team like EDM, well even the bottom teams typically win 1/3 of their games so there are no "gimmes" in pro hockey (imo). with all the talent edm has theres no excuse they cant play better. sooner or later they should start trading some of their 2nd tier talent for a couple quality experienced vets. they need at least 2 D-men & probably 2 vet forwards. shop hemsky, gagner, paarv, smyth.

Smyth won't get them anything; however, Gagner, Paarv, Hemsky, and Omark should. Eventually that's what they're gonna have to start doing.

And sign a decent free agent here and there. I think Belanger has been their biggest free agent signing the past 2 years lol.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
it's the same general attitude that rules here: wherever you are isn't good enough, even though it's more than you were expecting. How do we get more?

at least with the heatley hate it's a little more consistent. the guy could lead the team in points instead of being only fourth (fourth to 3 players who also have huge cap hits) and if he goes a game without one someone would still complain. ****, what does it say when he's one of the slowest guys out there, or shows no heart or effort or whatever makebelieve crap, shoots half as much as pairse, and still is tied for the lead in goals. and some dumbass will still want to get rid of him for picks. its just so laughably stupid.

This why you are one of my favorite posters...

some actual LOGIC. Almost unthinkable at times on these boards.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Why move Butch at all if were right in the middle of things in the Western playoff race??

He clearly isn't the player he was but something people forget about is the fact that having him gives us 3 "scoring lines"- something that has clearly worked and one of the reasons we have been playing better hockey lately.

Also Bouchard is actually a damn good defensive player. That part of his game is completely overlooked I feel. Go look at his plus minus this year and it doesn't disprove that. He is a +3 on a team full of minus's.

Sure maybe he isn't lighting up up right now but for a 3rd liner he also isn't hurting us. He is an upgrade over probably something like 75-80% of the 3rd line players in the league and that is the reason this team is winning right now. Depth.

You guys want to trade him for picks and eliminate that depth. RIDICULOUS.

Sneaky Priest

See you Nov. 2
Sep 20, 2011
Lino Lakes
I highly doubt Butch's NHL career is over. If a team like the Senators is willing to give Latendresse a chance, someone will be willing to give #96 another shot.

Sneaky Priest

See you Nov. 2
Sep 20, 2011
Lino Lakes
Why move Butch at all if were right in the middle of things in the Western playoff race??

He clearly isn't the player he was but something people forget about is the fact that having him gives us 3 "scoring lines"- something that has clearly worked and one of the reasons we have been playing better hockey lately.

Also Bouchard is actually a damn good defensive player. That part of his game is completely overlooked I feel. Go look at his plus minus this year and it doesn't disprove that. He is a +3 on a team full of minus's.

Sure maybe he isn't lighting up up right now but for a 3rd liner he also isn't hurting us. He is an upgrade over probably something like 75-80% of the 3rd line players in the league and that is the reason this team is winning right now. Depth.

I tend to agree with this, I feel like people only want to keep a player around if they are lighting it up. If they aren't producing much they seem to want to get rid of them. if they aren't a liability why get rid of them. Who knows, Butch could start playing better if he finds the right line mates. Just look at Gooch, he was horrible to start the season. Now he has had like 9 points in 12 games.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

A lot of it is the fear of losing free agents for nothing. Sometimes it's warranted, sometimes not.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Solid, solid game. Every line clicked. Energy galore. Several solid games in a row, and then this, is about as good a way to go up against Chicago as you could hope for.

It was a shame Granlund couldn't get a goal to go along with that performance.
The Zuckerpunch line is a delight!
It's always a good sign to see MechaHeatley has been activated. And the great thing about bumping him from the first line is that Parise can climb up the ladder and pilot him between shifts.

Did Suter's goal cause Brodin to go -1? Nice!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad