GDT: 03/03/2013 | Wild vs Oilers | 7:00 PM CST FSN + FSWI

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Great game, that was really fun to watch.

Don't stop the party!

pitbull-bud-light-o.gif

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Huge win last night! Look at where we are in the standings! I know everything is jumbled but we are in great position if we keep getting points. I am actually excited we play Chicago on Tuesday. We could be the team that gives them their first loss in regulation. We already beat them. Statistics prove that eventually Chicago has to lose soon so why not tomorrow? Beating them would jumpstart our future divisional rivalry. :D North Stars/Hawks rivalry part 2!

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Ho hum, another win against Eddy. What a garbage organization that is. Years of brutal hockey and multiple high picks (in every round) and little to show for it. Embarrassing.

Brodziak on the first PP unit it laughable.

Don't know what Zucker has to do to get some PP time. Very capable and willing shooter (which they desperately need on the PP) and yet he's usurped by lesser options.

Nice to see Coyle get on the score sheet, however, he's got to start producing at a more consistent rate. He's holding that line back, IMO.

Eple

It ain't easy being
Mar 7, 2010
Turku
It was a good game from us. We've got some tough matchups coming this month but I'm more confident with this team than ever before this season. It's gonna be hard, but I hope we still are in a playoff position by the end of month.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
Huge win last night! Look at where we are in the standings! I know everything is jumbled but we are in great position if we keep getting points. I am actually excited we play Chicago on Tuesday. We could be the team that gives them their first loss in regulation. We already beat them. Statistics prove that eventually Chicago has to lose soon so why not tomorrow? Beating them would jumpstart our future divisional rivalry. :D North Stars/Hawks rivalry part 2!

Wouldn't this technically be Dallas Vs Chicago since they will be in the same division?

on a more upbeat note

If we slay the giant on Tuesday i'll be so happy.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Wouldn't this technically be Dallas Vs Chicago since they will be in the same division?

I deliberately forget that the North Stars ever left and the Dallas Stars even exist so in my mind, the North Stars just changed their name to the Wild and we will resume our rivalry with Chicago.

It's fun to work these things out in your head. lol

It's still all about a Minnesota/Chicago rivalry and I can't wait to be in the same division again.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Forgot to add...

Wow, are the Wild lucky they somehow flipped Nick freaking Schultz for Tom Gilbert. Per usual, Schultz was brutal last night with his patent panicked ringing of the puck and being severely out of position. What exactly was he doing on that Koivu goal? :laugh:

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Forgot to add...

Wow, are the Wild lucky they somehow flipped Nick freaking Schultz for Tom Gilbert. Per usual, Schultz was brutal last night with his patent panicked ringing of the puck and being severely out of position. What exactly was he doing on that Koivu goal? :laugh:

Seriously. Gilbert may have some bad games but his average play is better and his best nights are so much better.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I deliberately forget that the North Stars ever left and the Dallas Stars even exist so in my mind, the North Stars just changed their name to the Wild and we will resume our rivalry with Chicago.

It's fun to work these things out in your head. lol

It's still all about a Minnesota/Chicago rivalry and I can't wait to be in the same division again.

I agree...Now that Modano has retired, there is no one with that Stars org that was a member of the North Stars. However, there are still alot of old North Stars fans, like myself, who can't wait to continue that rivalry we had with Chicago.

Besides, that rivalry should be easier to re-ignite due to the fact that Minnesota and Chicago are already rivals in both football and baseball, as well.

How cool would it be to hear the "Secord Sucks" chant ringing through the X when the Blackhawks make their vist visit as a divisional opponent?? :yo:

Last edited:

Emilie

Feb 6, 2013
MN
Ho hum, another win against Eddy. What a garbage organization that is. Years of brutal hockey and multiple high picks (in every round) and little to show for it. Embarrassing.

Brodziak on the first PP unit it laughable.

Don't know what Zucker has to do to get some PP time. Very capable and willing shooter (which they desperately need on the PP) and yet he's usurped by lesser options.

Nice to see Coyle get on the score sheet, however, he's got to start producing at a more consistent rate. He's holding that line back, IMO.

I'm so glad that someone has noticed this besides me. I love the rookies...but Chucky needs to go back to Houston for a little. I have said since the beginning of the season that Coyle is REALLY good...but he needs a little seasoning still.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
yeah, you remember the good old days when Heatley was dragging that line down?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I'm so glad that someone has noticed this besides me. I love the rookies...but Chucky needs to go back to Houston for a little. I have said since the beginning of the season that Coyle is REALLY good...but he needs a little seasoning still.

I would say that as long as Coyle appears to be improving, he stays. I just think he needed a few games to get accustomed to the NHL game and move past the whole: "I'M PLAYING ON A LINE WITH PARISE AND KOIVU!!!!!" anxiety.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Clutterbuck is healthy again. Who gets sent down?

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
sorry i am late to the posting paaaaarrrrttttyyyyy but was just too hungover from the victory. and walking dead. and an 8am client.

loved the effort last night, this is what needs to happen each game. as mentioned, the power play is balls and needs to be mixed up a bit. Zucker, just let him go on it and shoot away!

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
sorry i am late to the posting paaaaarrrrttttyyyyy but was just too hungover from the victory. and walking dead. and an 8am client.

loved the effort last night, this is what needs to happen each game. as mentioned, the power play is balls and needs to be mixed up a bit. Zucker, just let him go on it and shoot away!

Jesus Christ on a crutch. Please stop.

Emilie

Feb 6, 2013
MN
I would say that as long as Coyle appears to be improving, he stays. I just think he needed a few games to get accustomed to the NHL game and move past the whole: "I'M PLAYING ON A LINE WITH PARISE AND KOIVU!!!!!" anxiety.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Clutterbuck is healthy again. Who gets sent down?

I would love to see him continue to grow up here, but unless there is a trade before/when Clutterbuck gets back from injury Coyle is the only one who really has the option to get sent down. Zucker *could* get sent down, but I think he stays over Coyle.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I would love to see him continue to grow up here, but unless there is a trade before/when Clutterbuck gets back from injury Coyle is the only one who really has the option to get sent down. Zucker *could* get sent down, but I think he stays over Coyle.

They could always send Bouchard down and expose him to waivers....If we lose him for nothing, we still gain that roster spot.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012

Can we send PMB somewhere? Destination optional.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad