GDT: 03/03/2013 | Wild vs Oilers | 7:00 PM CST FSN + FSWI

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Night and day from Anaheim. They were carrying the puck up ice, much better passing, much better in the offensive zone, and it didn't hurt that Edmonton is just TERRIBLE. Seriously, that 18-0 period, Eddy could have had close to a dozen shots if they weren't so stupid and lazy with the puck.

I said the Anaheim game looked like Wild was playing shinny vs an NHL team, and that's basically what Eddy did vs the Wild.

I'm not in love with the lines, but they are better than before. I'm still not sold on Coyle being up now, but there's not a lot of options. Wish we had a second Zucker or Parise as we need more shooters. I like Brodziak on the fourth line. Granlund looked great. Defense very good, liked Falk's game, Spurgeon looks like he did from last year. Backstrom played great.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
Took a visit to the Edmonton board. Bad news. We're still boring.

Good win last night. I doubled my vCash so now I'm vRich. Will be interesting to how the lines change when Clutter gets backs. I kind of like our line up we had last night. But I like the physical game the Clutter brings.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'd get bored too if an entire game was played in my defensive zone. It's just hard for them to break from the ol' reliable fallback excuse.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Just watched the Gagner goal. Unbelievable.

Heard it on the radio during the game and was trying to figure out how that could have possibly went in. Thank God this and the Yandle goal both happened during games we already had a multiple goal lead.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
You guys just jump on whatever bandwagon rolls by don't you. :shakehead

Whoever the guy is, he's annoying. The commercial, moreso. So, that idiot commercial is played almost twice per break. Then, everyone goes full lemming with it on here. It's just stupid.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that it's purely a natural reaction to overexposure. It's one of the things advertisers fear most. Instead of resisting, which is the usual tendency, everyone went the other way with it and embraced it in a satirical manner. Maybe I'm wrong, but I take it as our own Minnesota version of the "Brooklyn cheer."

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
It doesn't take a genius to figure out that it's purely a natural reaction to overexposure. It's one of the things advertisers fear most. Instead of resisting, which is the usual tendency, everyone went the other way with it and embraced it in a satirical manner. Maybe I'm wrong, but I take it as our own Minnesota version of the "Brooklyn cheer."

Somebody gets it!!! :handclap:

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Took a visit to the Edmonton board. Bad news. We're still boring.

They can't get a shot off for 23+ minutes and we're boring? Yeah it's all on us, lol.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that it's purely a natural reaction to overexposure.

I well get the overexposure of it. It's just the way people here work. I get it. One person does something, everyone else piles on. Same thing with the Granlund FBJ deal and that dopey unicorn thing a few years ago. People can follow the trends all they like. But it's ridiculous for them to be all whiny when someone points it out.

You're in serious need of a sense of humor. Yikes.

I've got an outstanding (albeit dirty) sense of humor. Jumping on some ridiculous trend isn't in the cards. If being a lemming is being humorless by your definition, then fine I'm ok with that.

Somebody gets it!!! :handclap:

I get the schtick. I also get the 'Common Man' and 'Grapes' schticks as well. I also think they're equally as stupid. Doesn't make those goofs any more likeable.

Last edited:

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny

Heard it on the radio during the game and was trying to figure out how that could have possibly went in. Thank God this and the Yandle goal both happened during games we already had a multiple goal lead.

holy ****. no one i was around could figure out what happened from the stands and descriptions didn't do it justice. wow...

Emilie

Feb 6, 2013
MN
holy ****. no one i was around could figure out what happened from the stands and descriptions didn't do it justice. wow...

Suter's face on that goal...Holy hell. I don't like that it went in the net...but his face is priceless there.

Glad that I can look at it as funny instead being pissed that it cost them the game though

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Suter's face on that goal...Holy hell. I don't like that it went in the net...but his face is priceless there.

Glad that I can look at it as funny instead being pissed that it cost them the game though

Still nowhere near as funny as that Skoula banana peel thing from a few years ago. Never in my 30+ years of watching NHL hockey have I ever seen anything like that.

SwimToTheMoon

Wild fan in WPG
Sep 5, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Still nowhere near as funny as that Skoula banana peel thing from a few years ago. Never in my 30+ years of watching NHL hockey have I ever seen anything like that.

You tube is blocked here, so I'm gonna assume that was the game against the Ranger when Gabby got his 5 goals? I think Nigel Dawes got credit for the goal.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012

How come we NEVER get goals like this or the Yandle goal?:shakehead Insane.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i think stoner had a crazy goal. went to just shoot it in and it hit the corner of the glass after the bench, the goalie left the crease to play it and it deflected in.

Billy Mays Here*

i think stoner had a crazy goal. went to just shoot it in and it hit the corner of the glass after the bench, the goalie left the crease to play it and it deflected in.

This. It happened in Washington a couple years ago if I remember correctly. Game was on NBCSportsNetwork (or Versus at the time) too I think.

Edit: New Jersey, my bad

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida

Of course that happened to the Wild.

Emilie

Feb 6, 2013
MN

Oh My Gawd. That....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad