GDT: 01/15/2016 - Wild vs Jets - 7PM CT / 3AM FIN - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

bad tape job

Jun 4, 2013
Minnesota
Stagnant. Can't blame injuries so what is the problem? Status quo isn't working. We can't win consistently with this line-up?

What do most teams do when confronted with this? I like Yeo but maybe it's time to geo.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
And now they have 3 away games against tough oppo before the All Star break.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
So tired of the same ol same ol with this team. Here is our annual swoon where we can't score, power play blows, etc. Just came a month late.

The worrying thing is that last year we had the excuse of poor goaltending. This year we don't. Acquiring Doobs fixed us.

What bunny do we pull out of the hat this time?

- new coach?

- trade?

- fire an assistant coach?

The PP is bad looking, but it's more an annoyance. Our forwards seem incapable of penetrating into shooting areas. Instead, they cycle, and cycle, and cycle, and ....

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
This team needs to stop pretending that they are an elite team. All this talk about wanting home ice in the playoffs yet they meltdown for long stretches while Chicago just won their 10th in a row. It's going to be another battle for a wild card spot and an early exit.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I'm in phoenix for work. ... sounds like I should be glad a couldn't watch the game. Something needs to change with this team, quick like.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, we've got three more games till the break. Not going to make any sweeping conclusions right now... I'll wait till then. We have lost to 4 mediocre or bad teams in the last two weeks. That will not get it done.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
This team needs to stop pretending that they are an elite team. All this talk about wanting home ice in the playoffs yet they meltdown for long stretches while Chicago just won their 10th in a row. It's going to be another battle for a wild card spot and an early exit.

Pretty much. Pretty frustrating reality.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP

cryfam.jpg

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
The worrying thing is that last year we had the excuse of poor goaltending. This year we don't. Acquiring Doobs fixed us.

What bunny do we pull out of the hat this time?

- new coach?

- trade?

- fire an assistant coach?

The PP is bad looking, but it's more an annoyance. Our forwards seem incapable of penetrating into shooting areas. Instead, they cycle, and cycle, and cycle, and ....

Unfortunately, it's pretty much too late to fire coaches at this point. I'm thinking they're gonna go for the trade route, but the way things are looking, it's gonna be yet another overpayment-for-aging-veteran kind of year. Best hope is that somehow a trade is made (either during the season or after we get bounced in the 1st round) to bolster the offense, and Yeo and pals are ****canned for a new coaching group. It's always risky, but it definitely seems like these guys have just about reached their peak with what they can all do together with this group of guys. Doesn't mean they can't have productive careers elsewhere. But yeah.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Fletcher pulled off a Doobs trade last year for a third. All he needs to do is get an elite scoring C or RW in this year.

Make it so, Chuck!

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I'd like to see something like this tonight:

Parise - Koivu - Vanek/Zucker
Nino - Granny - Coyle
Zucker/Vanek - Haula - Fonz
Carter - Stoll - Porter

Poms should sit for a game..

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I'd like to see something like this tonight:

Parise - Koivu - Vanek/Zucker
Nino - Granny - Coyle
Zucker/Vanek - Haula - Fonz
Carter - Stoll - Porter

Poms should sit for a game..

Poms should absolutely be on the 3rd or 4th line at best. Coyle deserves top line time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad