Pre-Game Talk: 01/15/14 Leafs vs Sabres, 7:30 PM | TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
i think kessel will go back on the top line. i think carlyle only did that to get kessel away from chara.

i also think that raymond, kadri and kessel are probably our 3 worst forwards defensively (not including 4th liners). if anything, those three need to all be on different lines... not all on the same line.

we'll probably go with:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Raymond
Kulemin - Holland - Clarkson

I would rather switch Raymond and Clarkson.

my ideal line up right now would be:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Holland - Clarkson
Leivo - Kadri - Kuelmin
Raymond - McClement - D'Amigo

Kessel has been great defensively when he puts the effort in:laugh: He's an odd player, when his offensive game is struggling he becomes lazy, when he's scoring he is a good defensive player. Opposite to the norm.

No No No No this back and forth battle is getting old.. gold ole Bern won last night. put him in again tonight

Bad idea with the back to back

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
Maybe putting Kessel with Kadri again wouldn't be a bad thing to get him going (if it's not working go back to JVR-Bozak-Kessel).

Nab 2 points here.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
^ I wouldnt do that, they didnt play well together in that long stretch of game, both of their games suffered from that.

Im taking my dad to the leafs game tonight for his birthday. Might not be the best game because of back to back plus flying...and they have a tough time vs buffalo....but at least I can look forward to buying a $12 beer....o wait thats not good either.

Hope Im sitting beside some hot chicks

When I went to a leafs sens game in ottawa last year I sat beside 2 rockets. Apparently they would hang out with Ben Bishop.

madab

Feb 8, 2012
Sudbury
Also, looking forward to seeing how Steve Ott will feel about Tim Gleason playing for his hometown team :naughty: For those of you that don't know, Steve Ott's ex-wife is Gleason's current wife. The two of them used to be best friends, but then Ott's wife had an affair with Gleason and now her and Gleason are married. Back when Ott was with the Stars, Brenden Morrow (close friend of Ott) and co. would goon it up on Tim whenever Dallas-Carolina played. Hopefully Gleason can stop Ott from scoring on our team, Ott has been on a nice point streak against us ever since coming to Buffalo :facepalm: Damn those hometown boys.

Nice! Nothing like a little bad blood, something these two teams haven't been short on this year.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
just sneak in a mickey, they barley check.

Depends if you go through the main entrance or not. Went to a leafs game through the real sports side and got right in, when I went through the main entrance for a raps game they had hand held metal detectors but it was Drake night so that May have been why. I would suggest bringing it in something different then an actual Mickey bottle lol

wetcardboard

Oct 29, 2011
Edmonton
Guys, we've already lost to this pathetic team twice (in Buffalo) and almost three times (won in a shootout in Toronto), we can NOT AFFORD to give up any more points to this team. I will be irate beyond reason if we manage to piss this gift away.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The problem with starting JR is that, right now, we lose the goaltending battle clearly if that's the case. Bernier and Miller are much more evenly matched as it stands right now.

Mr Scarface*

Miller better not be in net.
I see no reason for him not to be there.
That's the only reason ehnroth played yesterday like the beatles.

Miller's not a problem though. We'll get through him, like we have recently.

This is exactly the type of game we should win. I'm sure they'll come out with an attitude tonight.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
JVR is legit a beast. He's my #1 untouchable on the team. I would legit trade Kessel and anyone else before touching JVR. He's on a steal of a contract too did you see the way he was playing last night. He was literally the only player who wasn't scared to put the body on Chara and would check him any chance he got

James Van Riemsdyk.... No

James Van Beast-like

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
I thought it was mentioned (can't remember in a presser or tweet) that Reimer was one of the guys experiencing the flu-like symptoms a few days ago? I think it's 50/50 if JR plays (If he's healthy he should, if not they might roll Bernier out again).

Shaun_W_W

Jan 7, 2007
The problem with starting JR is that, right now, we lose the goaltending battle clearly if that's the case. Bernier and Miller are much more evenly matched as it stands right now.

That's bull****. Reimer is fully capable of stealing a game and Bernier is fully capable of blowing one. Bernier has outplayed Reimer but even with his struggles of late he is .918 SV%. It wasn't that long ago that we had two goalies top 8 in SV%...

Mr Scarface*

That's bull****. Reimer is fully capable of stealing a game and Bernier is fully capable of blowing one. Bernier has outplayed Reimer but even with his struggles of late he is .918 SV%. It wasn't that long ago that we had two goalies top 8 in SV%...
Yep, we got two fantastic goalies who can do things big time.

I'm so waiting for this game to happen. It'll give a chance to be a playoff team again. It's tough to inhale.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
What the leafs need right now is a team-building brawlfest. Hope Scott starts some crap.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
i dont see how carlyle breaks up the jvr-bozak-kessel line. id like to see;

jvr-bozak-kessel
lupul-kadri-kulemin
raymond-holland-clarkson
ashton-mclemment-orr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad