Pre-Game Talk: 01/15/14 Leafs vs Sabres, 7:30 PM | TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
He didn't play tonight so it's pretty much a guarantee that he will be in net tomorrow night.
Does Miller ever miss a start against the leafs? I mean that seriously he must have one of the all time record games by a goaltender ever against the Leafs post 1967.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Well that could be posted after every game. Tonight I'm not so up in arms about him.;)

Meh I know but still we need him off. There is jst too cons versus pros IMO. Also I can hope I guess.

Does Miller ever miss a start against the leafs? I mean that seriously he must have one of the all time record games by a goaltender ever against the Leafs post 1967.

I believe there is a record that no goalie is better than miller post the previous lockout and ever since he has started playing against us.

TrueBlue86

Oct 17, 2010
Toronto, ON
I think he meant in Boston, as in, inside the TD Garden in regular season.

yea he meant the regular season (because we won there twice in the playoffs)

i'm just saying after winning there in the playoffs a couple of times that 2011 stat doesn't feel like it means much

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Holy crap, how many Sabres games are going to be nationally televised in Canada? Bell/TSN has a thing going with the Sabres.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
I would say this is just about spot on, though Lupul is just as bad defensively. Kessel did break up a goal tonight on the back check but he is not a great player on the boards.

Kadri at least has it in him to be good defensively, he's less engaged this year but last year I thought he was solid on both sides of the ice. Kessel is what he is, he will never be more than a mediocre defensive player, and Raymond is okay on the PK but has way too many turnovers.

All Day Kessel

Sep 22, 2013
Canada
Leafs should feel good about themselves after the big win in Boston. Hopefully they have a good start to the game and the 1st line keeps rolling.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Kadri at least has it in him to be good defensively, he's less engaged this year but last year I thought he was solid on both sides of the ice. Kessel is what he is, he will never be more than a mediocre defensive player, and Raymond is okay on the PK but has way too many turnovers.

Kadri needs to watch Bolland and Bozak more, you do not have to be big to understand how to gain position on a player to win the puck battles, you do not have to hold the puck too long to make a play. He is very much a work in progress, he is still too weak down low, and he does not support his defence like Bolland, Mcclement, or Bozak do. Infact I see more defensive ability in Holland.

Kessel will likely never be a great defensive player, this is why he misses Bozak when he is not there.

He needs someone to get him the puck in the neutral zone and someone to cover up his defensive weaknesses.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Should be an easy win tomorrow

I expect a blowout

7-1 Leafs

Do people never learn?

Leafs never win easy... especially not this season.

Every team is a struggle and it won't be any different tonight.

I expect this to be a close match, likely decided by a goal. I don't have much faith we'll be the ones winning. Buffalo has played well lately.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Do people never learn?

Leafs never win easy... especially not this season.

Every team is a struggle and it won't be any different tonight.

I expect this to be a close match, likely decided by a goal. I don't have much faith we'll be the ones winning. Buffalo has played well lately.

If they are a true playoff team, they will win. There are no excuses to lose this game. A loss will erase the good vibes from last night.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Any gas left in the tank for tonight? :s

We are playing our 5th game in 7 nights, on top of close to half the team dealing with the flu.

I think it might be a long game tonight because of that. Tired legs and probably not much left in that tank.

Polo*

Im taking my dad to the leafs game tonight for his birthday. Might not be the best game because of back to back plus flying...and they have a tough time vs buffalo....but at least I can look forward to buying a $12 beer....o wait thats not good either.

Hope Im sitting beside some hot chicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad