GDT: 01/12/2014 - Minnesota @ Nashville - 6:00 PM CST - FS-N+

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
This was such a great win.

Yes, MK and ZP, take your time healing. We are just fine right now. This honestly is the reality right now.

Just like I didn't give up on the guys when we lost six in a row, I'm still not losing hope that we not only make the playoffs but we even jump over Colorado. I think it's highly possible we end up with a better record than both Vancouver and Colorado, certainly Phoenix. We will see. Like I said earlier, I don't care what seed just as long as we make the playoffs. Still, I think we have time to move up as well.

Lose 6 in a row, then win 5/6. I mean, that is how you bounce back.

We have to keep it up!

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
This was such a great win.

Yes, MK and ZP, take your time healing. We are just fine right now. This honestly is the reality right now.

Just like I didn't give up on the guys when we lost six in a row, I'm still not losing hope that we not only make the playoffs but we even jump over Colorado. I think it's highly possible we end up with a better record than both Vancouver and Colorado, certainly Phoenix. We will see. Like I said earlier, I don't care what seed just as long as we make the playoffs. Still, I think we have time to move up as well.

Lose 6 in a row, then win 5/6. I mean, that is how you bounce back.

We have to keep it up!

Slow down!! This streak is nice but Look at the stretch we got coming after these next 4 games this week, Chicago, @San Jose, @Anaheim & @ Colorado, Then the last 10 games of the year are brutal. I think the Wild will get in as the last Wild card. Colorado will be to tough to catch they are 6 points ahead with 3 games in hand

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Slow down!! This streak is nice but Look at the stretch we got coming after these next 4 games this week, Chicago, @San Jose, @Anaheim & @ Colorado, Then the last 10 games of the year are brutal. I think the WIld will get in as the last Wild card. Colorado will be to tough to catch they are 6 points ahead with 3 games in hand

We just got back from the west coast and did just fine.

I am beyond optimistic considering what we're doing right now given that we're playing with a back up and two of our top players out.

There's tons of games left. Yes, plenty of time to nosedive again but certainly plenty of time to make up some ground.

I am one of the few who remained super optimistic after the 6 game losing streak when so many were ready to dig a grave for our club. I don't want to stop that now. I think it's very possible we can gain some ground. I guess we'll see.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Parise - Koivu - Fontaine
Nino - Granlund - Pominville
Zucker - Coyle - Heatley
Cooke - Brodziak - Mitchell

Boom.

That looks sexy.

About time.

Anyway. DVR'd the game tonight. The team ooked a hell of a lot better than they did last night. Also whatever they've put in Heatley's gatorade they need to keep putting it in every game cause he's actually useful out there lately.

Awesome game by Kuemps. He's coming along nicely after playing like crap earlier this year.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
I know we're talking a lot about our offensive core but man I gotta get some love to guys like Prosser and Stoner. They've been great lately. Blum has been okay (mostly invisible) which is a good thing. Suter and Brodin are worth every penny. Just feel like these guys don't get enough credit sometimes

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
That looks sexy.

About time.

Anyway. DVR'd the game tonight. The team ooked a hell of a lot better than they did last night. Also whatever they've put in Heatley's gatorade they need to keep putting it in every game cause he's actually useful out there lately.

Awesome game by Kuemps. He's coming along nicely after playing like crap earlier this year.

Here's the thing. That lineup does look sexy but the reality is that 3rd line would not work out. It would be sent out for a quasi role and would not succeed. Wouldn't work as a checking line. OK, well then what's our checking line? Only the 4th? Not so sure it works out as well. Those guys are getting to play with Suter and Brodin almost always right now. That would change. Their minutes may change.

Moral of story: When ZP and MK come back...there may be changes that disrupt what's happening righ t now. I hope not.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
Here's the thing. That lineup does look sexy but the reality is that 3rd line would not work out. It would be sent out for a quasi role and would not succeed. Wouldn't work as a checking line. OK, well then what's our checking line? Only the 4th? Not so sure it works out as well. Those guys are getting to play with Suter and Brodin almost always right now. That would change. Their minutes may change.

Moral of story: When ZP and MK come back...there may be changes that disrupt what's happening righ t now. I hope not.

Why not put Parise - Koivu - Fontaine against the other teams top line? These guys are just as good defensively as the Brodziak line. The Coyle and Granlund lines are scoring lines along with Brodziaks line scoring the occasional goal.

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
I know we're talking a lot about our offensive core but man I gotta get some love to guys like Prosser and Stoner. They've been great lately. Blum has been okay (mostly invisible) which is a good thing. Suter and Brodin are worth every penny. Just feel like these guys don't get enough credit sometimes

True story. Ballard being scratched helps and Prosser has been playing much better with the increased ice time.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Why not put Parise - Koivu - Fontaine against the other teams top line? These guys are just as good defensively as the Brodziak line. The Coyle and Granlund lines are scoring lines along with Brodziaks line scoring the occasional goal.

While I already knew someone would post a version of this, my answer remains the same :

I'm not Yeo :(

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
I like Coyle as a center and i think he would be a great 3rd line center if that third line isn't a checkin line.. There is one thing tho, he should work his faceoffs a little if he wanna play in the middle. I don't know what Granlund has done, but Coyle should ask him, because he has become our best faceoff's guy..

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

Well if you do that then they are not the top scoring line. Which people have an issue with for some reason.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
Well if you do that then they are not the top scoring line. Which people have an issue with for some reason.

Don't understand that. Yes Koivu and Parise are the best forwards on the team so put them against the other teams best forwards. They can still score along with being awesome defensively. After that the Coyle and Granlund lines have shown they are capable of scoring, even the Brodziak line as well. Who cares where the goals come from as long as they do score. The lineup we are discussing would give us 3/4 lines capable of scoring giving us a good offensive balance like other top teams have.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Don't understand that. Yes Koivu and Parise are the best forwards on the team so put them against the other teams best forwards. They can still score along with being awesome defensively. After that the Coyle and Granlund lines have shown they are capable of scoring, even the Brodziak line as well. Who cares where the goals come from as long as they do score. The lineup we are discussing would give us 3/4 lines capable of scoring giving us a good offensive balance like other top teams have.

I can only comment on what I perceive it to be. That is it takes Koivu and Parise out of discussion for threads like "most underrated center" or "best 2-way forward" etc. Or the discussions we see in our subthread where "no he is a legit 1C" or "you don't put 6.7M on a 3rd line" comments.

The issue is you cannot get people out of linear thinking of traditional hockey senses. Where you have 2 scoring lines, a grinder line and a checking line.

mtxed

Aug 17, 2007
Anyone think Kuemp gets another start or more this week?? Two awesome road performances in a row for him now..

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN

The nice thing about the line up people keep mentioning (w/ fountaine, mikko, and parise) is that we would have two lines (mikko's and Brodz) that could go against top lines,and 3 lines that could be a threat to score each shift. Each line has a good mix of players too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad