GDT: 01/05/17 - Wild @ Sharks - 9:30 PM CT / 5:30 AM Finland - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Well I'm glad we won.

Wish we'd stop giving up so many goals here.

Staal looked great, Parise was doing some parise stuff, Kaptain was great.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Yeah! A narrow escape. Wild need to start play better and tighter. So does Dubnyk.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
That was messy. Very concerned about the defense and Dubs. That's a lot of goals to give up in just a few games. But the offense did good damage control. Can't say this enough though....I think Staal has made Koivu relax big time. Captain just looks different right now.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
That was messy. Very concerned about the defense and Dubs. That's a lot of goals to give up in just a few games. But the offense did good damage control. Can't say this enough though....I think Staal has made Koivu relax big time. Captain just looks different right now.
I'm not concerned. A LONG ways to go on the season, it's a marathon not a sprint. Dubs was playing out of his mind hockey for a while, he's bound to drop a bit... if we keep playing well overall, and keep pushing for the top of the standings, we're in good position.

I'll be concerned if it looks like everything is going to go down with it and bring on a swoon. That doesn't look likely at this point. Dubs has time to regroup and find himself again.

It is Wild World

Dec 28, 2016
Somalia
Man I am so happy to see Parise back to his old self. He was very good this game. That line of Parise Staalw Nino looked very very good. The Captain Koivu line was lethal as always.

Nice recovery by the Wild in last 20 minutes.

The Mojo and swagger is back. See you in Hollywood Saturday.

Let's go Wwwwwwwwwild!

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
crazy night of hockey US comes back from 2 goals and then 2 more to win it and so do the wild I really can't explain the joy I had at this day of hockey.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Don't look now everyone... but the Wild have scored THE MOST goals in the Western Conference... and they've done so whilst playing the FEWEST amount of games! :amazed:

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013
Watched this one on the dvr. Watched the first 23 or so minutes which was another typical boring scoreless first period by the Wild and their opponents. Decided to fast forward through the rest and all of a sudden I couldn't fast forward for more than a few seconds.

Crazy game. Scoring all these goals is fun, but we aren't going anywhere if the defense and Dubnyk can't stop a beach ball.

jackouu

Nov 25, 2015
Helsinki
Granny's pass on Koivu's GWG was pretty ridiculous. No one was expecting him to pass there and he even managed to place it right on Kaptain's blade :popcorn:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Went to bed when we were down 2-0 and woke up to catch up on Twitter this morning. Thought we were done in the 3rd period down 4-2, but holy crap is it nice to actually have a chance in those situations. The last couple of years we would have been so dejected after allowing 4 goals that there's no way a comeback of that nature would have been conceivable.

Also, I'm admittedly a Parise-fanboy, but it is relieving to see him start playing like a top line player again. Hopefully that confidence sticks with him here and the team can start rolling again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad