GDT: #01 – Senators at Sabres – Thu Oct 8, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, Bell TV

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Classic Turris cornering off RoR after the game whistle blows and hooking his stick around him for no reason.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
That challenge really killed us.

I don't know if you should be able to challenge on an offsides...something seems wrong about that.

Yeah. Challenging goalie interference make sense, since it's the direct reason why the challenged goal was scored. A missed offsides, in most cases, doesn't directly lead to a goal being scored, and the missed offsides themselves are ticky-tack at best.

We want more goal scoring, NHL, not less!

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Yea, seriously nothing can touch Paetsch-Jillson
Which is the entire joke about Weber Franson being the worst in franchise history that flew over everybody's heads.

They're really awful though and Franson was even worse than I remembered and I was up there with you and struck as posters who hated Franson the most. Weber can't pass and Franson can't skate. It's a terrible combination.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Why not? It was the right call. That will definitely go our way as well at some point.

I think it probably feels wrong because you wouldn't be able to challenge it the other way around, ie, if they blew an onside play dead.

For comparison, with a goalie interference challenge it could go either way, whether you thought it should've been called or shouldn't have on a scoring play. But with offside, if they blow your onside 2-on-1 dead, too bad, you're not getting the chance back.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Yeah. Challenging goalie interference make sense, since it's the direct reason why the challenged goal was scored. A missed offsides, in most cases, doesn't directly lead to a goal being scored, and the missed offsides themselves are ticky-tack at best.

We want moire goal scoring, NHL, not less!

This is exactly right.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
BTW, I'm pretty sure offsides challenges are only limited to the immediate zone entry ahead of a goal, not rewinding to any number of previous entries before that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad