0-1 in the Dwight King-less era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Suspensions could be a blessing in disguise, only way kids can play apparently.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I don't think Lucic is going to work on that top line, he is too slow for Kopitar and Gabo. Kopitar/Gabo needs someone that gets into zone first, and sets up shop in front of the net.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
So Dean talks about get more skill and speed in the lineup in the offseason...goes and trades for a big slow winger and drafts more of the same thing they have.

Sutter talks in the 1st period about the Kings needing to skate faster. So why the **** do you start slow ass Schultz, Greene and Andreoff?

This is a badly built team and stupid repetitive system! All the good teams have some size but mostly skill. There are no more big tough teams. Boston is rebuilding because the slow size game wasn't working. StL has moved to more of a Chicago style team with more skill.

The Kings are the only big slow team. All they do is dump and chase. ****! San Jose's Dman knew where the puck was going even before the Kings dumped it in. They never change it up ever and the other teams know that.

There's little analysis to be done if they're not skating. They were gliding tonight, and that's why they got nothing offensively or defensively. If they're not going to move their legs, the rest doesn't matter.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
guys guys, calm down mannnnn it's just one game

so what if Quick is still like a swiss cheese out there, he's still USA's #1 goalie LOLZ

and there's so many little things to fix, they're not use to having this much time off they were rusty... calm down guys this is typical LA form, as long as we do well in the playoffs i couldn't care less for the season let Anaheim have their division title, we're going for the cup LOLZ

sorry, i'm bipolar

Winger23

May 3, 2007
seriously though, that Jan Hejda offer i threw out there a few weeks back doesn't look too bad now does it

i'm telling you, Matt Greene needs to go to a roller hockey league or something

same for Jeff Schultz

he does not belong in the NHL

Doughty - Muzzin
Ehrhoff - McNabb
Martinez - Hejda
Forbort
McBain

is miles better than the pathetic lineup we put out on D tonight

Just no. One piece of **** isn't better than another piece of ****. Sutter just **** the bed and dressed the slowest players all in the same game when it's speed he needed.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
So much for Toffoli's quotes about having to go to dirty areas to score more, he avoided those areas all night.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
I don't think Lucic is going to work on that top line, he is too slow for Kopitar and Gabo. Kopitar/Gabo needs someone that gets into zone first, and sets up shop in front of the net.

Too soon to tell Imo. Won't know until ....rather if kopi and gabo ever get it going.

They really need to take one of Carter or gabo off the 1st line PP and stick either lucic or brown to do nothing but screen.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Too soon to tell Imo. Won't know until ....rather if kopi and gabo ever get it going.

They really need to take one of Carter or gabo off the 1st line PP and stick either lucic or brown to do nothing but screen.

One problem is, you have to be willing to take punishment in front of the net.

Brown had ample PP time last year and didn't go to the net consistently.

The Kings need a player not afraid of going to the net, and taking a pounding.

Oddly enough that is why Gabo scores a lot, he does go to the net quite a bit for fragile guy.

Mike Carr

Jul 19, 2012
thank god we traded O,Neil, sent down Merch and didn't play Weal. Last thing this team needs is players used to winning, playing with confidence, having a presence in front of the net and god forbid scoring goals.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

I'd put Kopitar in front of the net. Anything to get him away from the wall. I can't take the spinning and light passing.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
thank god we traded O,Neil, sent down Merch and didn't play Weal. Last thing this team needs is players used to winning, playing with confidence, having a presence in front of the net and god forbid scoring goals.

Doing those things in the AHL and doing them in the NHL are two entirely different things. With that said, O'Neil was never going to stick in L.A. and IMO isn't an NHL player

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
This is going to be one interesting season if this game is an example of what to expect from the Kings:

- Kopitar and Lucic will be playing for new contracts.

- A revamped defense that has lost Mitchell, Voynov and Regehr over the last couple seasons.

- The special teams play and new OT format may make or break this team.

- Kings don't own a first round selection for a second consecutive year. If they are on the outside looking in, Lombardi may be in the market for some picks in what is considered to be a deep draft class.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
This is going to be one interesting season if this game is an example of what to expect from the Kings:

- Kopitar and Lucic will be playing for new contracts.

- A revamped defense that has lost Mitchell, Voynov and Regehr over the last couple seasons.

- The special teams play and new OT format may make or break this team.

- Kings don't own a first round selection for a second consecutive year. If they are on the outside looking in, Lombardi may be in the market for some picks in what is considered to be a deep draft class.

Plenty of trade chips if that is what it comes down too. Lombardi could get some very nice picks quickly.

I Am Ziggy Palffy

Sep 9, 2003

There's no way. The reason we gave up the farm for Lucic was that he's the "perfect fit." If somehow Lucic ends up on the 3rd line this year, either Sutter goes for coaching or Dean goes for managing.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Muzzin and Erhoff particularly looked like ass tonight. Muzzin was turning it over, making poor decisions, and falling down, Erhoff was getting caught up ice over and over and didn't know where to go.

In short, they fit right in.

Fully expected, though, no biggie. This was a certain loss as soon as San Jose was picked for the first game. I predict a win Friday!

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
There's no way. The reason we gave up the farm for Lucic was that he's the "perfect fit." If somehow Lucic ends up on the 3rd line this year, either Sutter goes for coaching or Dean goes for managing.

Neither Sutter or Lombardi are going anywhere.

Also gave up the farm ? Lombardi traded all of Ontario ?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
With the way Brown looked tonight(also the preseason), I would like to see him back with Kopitar.

Looked great in all areas of the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad