0-1 in the Dwight King-less era

Status
Not open for further replies.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Doesn't matter if ask me, Lucic is not going to work on the top line anyway.

Kopitar and Gabo are too fast for him.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Pretty **** night all around, not even much to learn from it...no one could complete a pass, got caught from behind all night, couldn't get shots through and couldn't stop them from getting through while screening Quick. Sharks started right, we didn't, That's about all!

That being said people are really sleeping on the Sharks, they're going to be freaking good this year.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Pretty **** night all around, not even much to learn from it...no one could complete a pass, got caught from behind all night, couldn't get shots through and couldn't stop them from getting through while screening Quick. Sharks started right, we didn't, That's about all!

That being said people are really sleeping on the Sharks, they're going to be freaking good this year.

They have been stupid good every October for about Ten years now. Arizona might slap the Kings around as well, The Yotes have players fighting for their jobs and paychecks.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

Yeah, until April.

member 88115

Couture is a dumbass for turning around to laugh at Lucic.

Our first two lines need to shape. They went MIA. Gaborik i feel played worst than Lucic (who i thought had a bad game). Our transition from defense to offense was horrible. Bottom lines did their job. And i have no idea why Sutter Benched AA in the second and most of the 3rd period cause he did OK

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
anigif_optimized-28403-1427387344-25.gif

scryan

May 1, 2013
Kopitar steadily earns his new contract @ 4mil AAV
Welcome back hockey, we have been waiting for this.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
seriously though, that Jan Hejda offer i threw out there a few weeks back doesn't look too bad now does it

i'm telling you, Matt Greene needs to go to a roller hockey league or something

same for Jeff Schultz

he does not belong in the NHL

Doughty - Muzzin
Ehrhoff - McNabb
Martinez - Hejda
Forbort
McBain

is miles better than the pathetic lineup we put out on D tonight

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
@Rich_Hammond

NHL will look at Lucic match penalty, to review the automatic suspension, and will almost certainly take a look at Brown hit.

They have only played one game...

tumblr_inline_nv3uswEJEK1r5jtfd_500.gif

member 88115

At least the boys had a little emotion come out of them towards the end of the game and Brown looked improved from last year

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Maybe I'm in the wrong, but I wasn't expecting that. It really was like the last 6 months didn't happen. Might as well have been game 83. No banner excuse this time.

I would say it's actually a big game against the Coyotes. Not in the standings, but maybe a belief kind of thing. I don't know.

2nd line didn't earn a nickname. First line was passive. Nobody went to the net. Couldn't get shots through. PK didn't do anything to help again. The PP is I don't even know.

Forget getting shots, I'd like to see a team that skates.

1 of 82, every team is going to lose a few games, and sometimes look bad doing it. They looked like they were trying to prove something instead of playing hockey, and that's not what this team has done when they've won. That's what a team that isn't quite confident does. Last year was a big question. They need to play hockey, not whatever they were doing tonight.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
What Happened to Carter's line ? Jeez they were bad. They looked like they have never played with each other, ever.

Pearson/Toffoli especially were slow and timid all night. Honestly they looked like Rookies.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
So Dean talks about get more skill and speed in the lineup in the offseason...goes and trades for a big slow winger and drafts more of the same thing they have.

Sutter talks in the 1st period about the Kings needing to skate faster. So why the **** do you start slow ass Schultz, Greene and Andreoff?

This is a badly built team and stupid repetitive system! All the good teams have some size but mostly skill. There are no more big tough teams. Boston is rebuilding because the slow size game wasn't working. StL has moved to more of a Chicago style team with more skill.

The Kings are the only big slow team. All they do is dump and chase. ****! San Jose's Dman knew where the puck was going even before the Kings dumped it in. They never change it up ever and the other teams know that.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Kopitar steadily earns his new contract @ 4mil AAV
Welcome back hockey, we have been waiting for this.

this is how i'd shape our lineup:

Lucic - Carter - Toffoli
Gaborik - Kopitar - Brown
Pearson - Shore - Lewis
Mersch - Weal - Clifford
King
Nolan
Andreoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events