GDT: ♫ @ ✈

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Not a good game, but the points will help.

Blues making it harder on themselves than necessary. Would really like to see some more transition creativity. Seems like we do the same thing over and over and most teams are privy to the game plan.
There are a lot of things I don't like about our game and this is one of them. With such a drastic emphasis on defensive puck movers, our breakouts are pretty boilerplate.

zachws6

Nov 8, 2010
STL
I like my points like my girls. Dirty.
:laugh:

Not a bad game against a hungry team. If Tarasenko hits the net on half of his 35 shots, he might have had 2 hat tricks. That was the most frustrating part tonight. They don't all go in, but they might lead to juicy rebounds.
Elliot made good on his last rough start. Amazing game by him.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Blues-bench-Feb-26-300x200.jpg

Post-game audio: Backes, Elliott, Reaves and coach Hitchcock.

To listen click here.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Its like none of these players have played together before. Just void of any chemistry whatsoever.

Yep I said the same thing after the Montreal game. This upgraded team from last year, has no cohesiveness almost at all. And have still, yet to come together or gel as a team with 21 games left in the season now. It's probably the most frustrating thing about this team this season.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
These lines have shown cohesion.....they are just going through a serious funk right now.

I'm somewhat worried about the STL line though....they aren't much of a threat anymore. Jori still can't finish for ****

thebluenote

Sep 7, 2009
These lines have shown cohesion.....they are just going through a serious funk right now.

I'm somewhat worried about the STL line though....they aren't much of a threat anymore. Jori still can't finish for ****

Tarasenko hasn't had a compete level anywhere near where it needs to be for that line to be successful. Schwartz and Jori can dig the puck out of the corners all day, but if Vlad can't bury them, then the line is pretty much moot.

Captain America*

I would try...

.....Steen - Stastny - Oshie
Schwartz - Backes - Tarasenko
Berglund - Lehtera - Jaskin (6'2+ wimpy, lefty line)
...........Ott - Goc - Reaves

...for a week or two.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I would try...

.....Steen - Stastny - Oshie
Schwartz - Backes - Tarasenko
Berglund - Lehtera - Jaskin (6'2+ wimpy, lefty line)
...........Ott - Goc - Reaves

...for a week or two.

I'd swap Steen/Schwartz and Tarasenko/Jaskin until the trade deadline then go from there.

20-42-23
17-26-74
21-12-91
9-57-75

However, I really wouldn't mind if those were tried out either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad