GDT: ♫ @ ✈ 4:30 pm et

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Good win for the good guys. Ott was great, very physical. Pietrangelo was also surprisingly physical. And it looks like the big guy Backes is hitting his stride

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
What do you mean, "now that you can't clear the crease?" They did away with being able to clear the crease??

Interference. Watch some games from the lockout before this last lockout. Guys like Pronger, Hatcher, Stevens would've absolutely destroyed guys like Schwartz and Shaw. Now the smaller guys that are have the best hand-eye coordination can thrive in front of the net because they call that stuff more, which allows them more space and ability to gain the proper position needed for tipping/re-directing.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
B2B games, 3rd game in 4 days and last game of a long road trip, I think the Blues played as well as they could have. Great win under these circumstances.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
A few things:

1) David Backes looked like David Backes again.
2) God bless you for getting physical Petro, but that really isn't your game. He'd throw checks but then bounce off like he was the one that got hit. However, he was making good pinches and offensively, started looking like Petro again.
3) I can't believe I'm saying this: Steve Ott was really good.

That is all.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Interference. Watch some games from the lockout before this last lockout. Guys like Pronger, Hatcher, Stevens would've absolutely destroyed guys like Schwartz and Shaw. Now the smaller guys that are have the best hand-eye coordination can thrive in front of the net because they call that stuff more, which allows them more space and ability to gain the proper position needed for tipping/re-directing.
Except you still can slash and cross-check guys in front of the net since it happens in every game.

I understand the game has changed but the way some people talk makes it sound like you can't even touch the guy. That's extremely false. They still take abuse in every single game.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Except you still can slash and cross-check guys in front of the net since it happens in every game.

I understand the game has changed but the way some people talk makes it sound like you can't even touch the guy. That's extremely false. They still take abuse in every single game.

They do, but it's a different type of abuse. Defenseman can't truck guys and dump them in front of the net. Like you said it's more hacking and whacking these days.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Not to the same extent though.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Blues-bench-November-23-2014-300x200.jpg

Blue post-game audio: Coach Hitchcock, Steen, Reaves and Allen.

To listen click here.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
I know it was just an empty net goal but I hope this get's that monkey off of Stastny's back.

I hope he can find that game he had at the beginning of the year and he get's some consistent linemates.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
That's not good and sort of what I expected when he came off. Might as well let him rest as long as possible.

WalterSobchak

Blues Trololol
Mar 11, 2004
Where men chunder
www.larddesigns.com
Ben didn't get a penalty when he pushed Oshie head first into the goal post, that lead to the concussion.

yep, also a penalty. if the NHL wants to get serious about protecting their players, those kinds of hits need to go.

This isn't about homerism or evening out the calls. it's about playing the body in a responsible way that doesn't leave the victim of the hit in a vulnerable spot.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Our top guys from last season, Steen, Backes, and Pietrangelo were all excellent today. Happy with two points on a B2B, 3 in 4, and 4 in 6 situation. Regulation win is even better. We need to win these next two games at home against teams we should beat. After those two we're on the road against the Wild, Hawks, Preds, and Isles. Tough stretch coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad