GDT: ♫ & ▲

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Well. He's a pure shooter, right?

Yes, Rattie is a shooter. His one-timer needs work and his passing 5-on-5 also needs work, but if finds a little seam on the go, he is dangerous.

Plus having a big guy like Jaskin would hopefully open up some space for Rattie. Now's the time to try stuff like this.

Isn't Jaskin fun to watch? He is such a big bull out there. So glad he is up with the Blues, so that you guys can see what I was raving about all last season. With Jaskin opening up space Rattie definitely needs to work on his one-timer.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Yes, Rattie is a shooter. His one-timer needs work and his passing 5-on-5 also needs work, but if finds a little seam on the go, he is dangerous.

Isn't Jaskin fun to watch? He is such a big bull out there. So glad he is up with the Blues, so that you guys can see what I was raving about all last season. With Jaskin opening up space Rattie definitely needs to work on his one-timer.
He looks so much more confident out there now. Early in the year he looked timid and was deferring too much. Now he's taking charge and he's starting to make a real impact. The skill has always been there, it was just a matter of whether or not he'd show it.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Did anybody notice how disinterested Stastny looked during the 3 stars thing?
I think he was just trying to get out of the way so Marty could make it down and grab the spotlight. I saw it as more of a respect thing than a player being disinterested.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
A lot of options going forward for the Stastny line.

In the end, I think his wingers will be some combination of the following (unless there's a deal out of left field):

Jaskin
Lindstrom
Rattie
Reaves
Fabbri
Sobotka
Lucic

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
I'm thinking we keep Brodeur for a while. Not sure about keeping 3 goalies, but Brodeur might make a better backup than Allen. Allen hasn't shown that he can come in and take over if the number 1 goes down. Brodeur can't carry the load at number 1, but he can come in and win games if needed.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I'm thinking we keep Brodeur for a while. Not sure about keeping 3 goalies, but Brodeur might make a better backup than Allen. Allen hasn't shown that he can come in and take over if the number 1 goes down. Brodeur can't carry the load at number 1, but he can come in and win games if needed.

what do you propose we do with Allen then?

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
What a game by Reavo tonight!:yo: Have we had a physical third liner that can impact a game this whole time with Reaves? It's only one game but after tonight he looks like he'd be under utilized on the 4th line.:laugh: He gets around the ice quick for his size.

Also man Jaskin really looked like an NHL player tonight, more so even than the previous games imo. I'm really excited for this kid, hope he stays with the Blues from here on out.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
You know the Blues absolutely dominated when other fans start using the "boring" argument. :laugh:

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003

What about McRae getting a call up. He looks like he has been pretty consistent in production and is more well rounded.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Blues (TOI):

Code:
Steen (19:18) - Backes (17:42) - Oshie (20:40)
Porter (6:55) - Lehterä (15:01) - Tarasenko (19:12)
Jaskin (15:27) - Stastny (15:18) - Reaves (13:20)
Ott (11:01) - Berglund (12:25) - Lapierre (13:16)

Bouwmeester (21:12) - Pietrangelo 22:59)
Jackman (17:49) - Shattenkirk (20:49)
Butler (17:08) - Cole (18:28)

Brodeur 100% (60:00)

Avalance (TOI):

Code:
Talbot (15:36) - Duschene 15:03) - MacKinnon (14:41)
Landeskog (18:00) - O'Reilly (17:17) - Briere (16:44)
Tanguay (17:03) - Mitchell (18:28) - Iginla (18:03)
McLeod (9:22) - Cliche (9:37) - Holden (8:18)

Hejda 24:41) - Johnson (23:35)
Guenin (16:35) - Barrie (20:05)
Stuart (18:14) - Redmond (16:38)

Varlamov 88.0% (60:00)

Porter injury affected couple guys TOI's, but overally I love how well balanced in generally TOI are with everyone. Mostly Reaves, Jaskin and Lapierre TOI. Great efford by coaching stuff!

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
What about McRae getting a call up. He looks like he has been pretty consistent in production and is more well rounded.

I agree that McRae currently has an NHL-ready game as he is more well-rounded than Rattie.

Earlier in the season I had McRae as the first call-up after Jaskin, but I am leaning toward the Blues' needs and that is a shoot-first winger with potential to score from any spot. Rattie is that guy, not McRae.

McRae plays a smart, responsible game, so I would not be opposed to seeing how he does. He might be better than Rattie against the tougher Western Conference teams. McRae seems like an airheaded doofus at times, but he is actually quite responsive to his training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad