Status
Not open for further replies.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
tumblr_nll7f4YSHt1tlb56zo1_400.gif

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Sad way to lose a game. They had puck possession with no pressure on them. O'Reilly should have just skated the puck around the net, and then taken a look at where his teammates were, to decide where to pass it when an opponent would approach him. This was their best chance to keep possession into The Av's zone, and they could have had the last good shot and chance to win in regulation, and almost guaranteeing the single point for the tie. The Blues definitely need to play with more confidence, They had too much trying to slap the puck out of their own zone, just to remove pressure, but The Avs are so deep in skilled puckhandling, fast skaters, that all that does is lose possession, either with the puck going to an Av player inside the zone, or them skating it right back into The Blues' Zone a couple seconds later, with 4 or 5 Avs entering at full speed. The Blues don't play with confidence and poise against any team except maybe The Sharks, since their rash of injuries started. I think it will take a lot of luck (things going unusually right) for them to make the playoffs. That includes Parayko returning very soon, and being back to 100% right away, and Tarasenko, Schenn, Kyrou, O'Reilly, and Perron getting on hot streaks, and Krug playing over his head most of the rest of the way - and both Binnington and Husso getting really hot.

Reactions: Ranksu

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I’m looking forward to the trade deadline now. You gotta move Hoffman and Dunn for the best offer you can get, at the very least. Blais or Sanford potentially too.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
I’m looking forward to the trade deadline now. You gotta move Hoffman and Dunn for the best offer you can get, at the very least. Blais or Sanford potentially too.
you would get low level picks for everyone and a dak prospect at best .... nobody is moving that needle here

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Total Bender

Unregistered User
Apr 20, 2014
Stl
Honestly move whoever you have to to get some type of chemistry back with these guys. There's plenty of talent but these guys aren't playing with or for each other anymore.

Reactions: Reality Czech

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Rough loss after what I thought was our best game this season. When this team is engaged and not constantly juggling lines due to injuries/returns, this is what I envision the Blues to play like. Berube is right as he has been the past few games — this was good hockey. Not much to complain about here, and this is as hopeful as one can be without winning.

If we play like this in March, we’ll be a playoff team, and a scary first round opponent for Colorado.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
Rough loss after what I thought was our best game this season. When this team is engaged and not constantly juggling lines due to injuries/returns, this is what I envision the Blues to play like. Berube is right as he has been the past few games — this was good hockey. Not much to complain about here, and this is as hopeful as one can be without winning.

If we play like this in March, we’ll be a playoff team, and a scary first round opponent for Colorado.
:popcorn:

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
I'd start working the phones if I was DA. The score was only 2-1, but I must have been watching a different game then the announcers b/c from the start of period two on we looked disinterested and outmatched. I'm surprised the score wasn't higher honestly. Husso stood on his head and did everything in his power to give us a chance. This team just doesn't want it.

Tarasenko had an 80% Ozone start split and was a total ghost. CB needs to start playing the guys that are producing, not the guys with a certain name on the back of their jersey.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Really nice game by Husso overall. He deserved a better outcome. That game had a lot of nice elements. Better forecheck. Better PK. Nice work ethic. They earned a chance to win a game at Colorado. Pity they got no points for the effort. If they keep playing this way, the wins will come.

This + a healthy Parayko.

I still believe.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I'd start working the phones if I was DA. The score was only 2-1, but I must have been watching a different game then the announcers b/c from the start of period two on we looked disinterested and outmatched. I'm surprised the score wasn't higher honestly. Husso stood on his head and did everything in his power to give us a chance. This team just doesn't want it.

Tarasenko had an 80% Ozone start split and was a total ghost. CB needs to start playing the guys that are producing, not the guys with a certain name on the back of their jersey.
Who would you have him play? I don't see anyone producing.

Reactions: Spektre

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Who would you have him play? I don't see anyone producing.

I want to go back to the line combos we had success with early in the season:

Sanford-ROR-Perron
Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou

After that I really don't care. However we were something like 7-2-1 running with a top 6 that looked like this and then we got away from it, first due to injuries, then due to trying to shoehorn in Tarasenko to the top 6. I know Sanford doesn't "deserve" that spot, but for whatever reason that line plays well together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad