elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
vGTlToJ.png

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
They're actually not even that bad...they're just bad enough to lose close games consistently. I can see why Army would want to give this squad every opportunity to right the ship. It's just unfortunate that the worst-case-scenario of letting Petro walk actually played out immediately before their eyes; Parayko's season-crippling injury highlighted the obvious deficiencies with the rest of the D-corps.

Reactions: Zamadoo

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
They're actually not even that bad...they're just bad enough to lose close games consistently. I can see why Army would want to give this squad every opportunity to right the ship. It's just unfortunate that the worst-case-scenario of letting Petro walk actually played out immediately before their eyes; Parayko's season-crippling injury highlighted the obvious deficiencies with the rest of the D-corps.
I have to think we're near the "patience with this group is at its thinnest" point. I just don't know what we do with it, other than a shake-it-up trade.

This is the kind of game where either we do the "claw, scratch, fight, grit it out and survive" thing to finally get a win, or it's all the greatest hits of the Blues worst: Perron with a stupid offensive zone penalty, we take a too many men penalty, the defense breaks down, it's a layup drill on our goalie, and offensively we pass 37 times before thinking shot and fire 13 shots harmlessly into the chest of whoever Colorado starts.

Either way, I saw we keep the Armstrong "roll his eyes, get up slowly, walk away" GIF handy because we're going to be using it
a lot the rest of the way.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I have to think we're near the "patience with this group is at its thinnest" point. I just don't know what we do with it, other than a shake-it-up trade.

This is the kind of game where either we do the "claw, scratch, fight, grit it out and survive" thing to finally get a win, or it's all the greatest hits of the Blues worst: Perron with a stupid offensive zone penalty, we take a too many men penalty, the defense breaks down, it's a layup drill on our goalie, and offensively we pass 37 times before thinking shot and fire 13 shots harmlessly into the chest of whoever Colorado starts.

Either way, I saw we keep the Armstrong "roll his eyes, get up slowly, walk away" GIF handy because we're going to be using it
I’m not sure about that. The #1 D has been incapacitated nearly all year. 5 centers out with injury at once. Etc. and they’re STILL on the edge of a playoff spot. It’s going to come down to: can this team beat Minnesota consistently? If so, I think they’ll qualify.

In a weird Covid season, with a bad market (flat Cap and anticipation of the expansion draft) I don’t see very favorable prices to incentivize anything but letting this core show if they have the heart of a Cup winner down the stretch or not.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada

I have been ready with it for a while. :)
JointJaggedFlies-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Bad feeling about this. Our chance to win was last night when they were starting a garbage backup instead of grubauer but we couldnt capitalize. Itll be much harder to win tonight.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
6-1 Blues. All those goals that didn't go in against Anaheim and LA and whoever else we played during that stretch, they all go in tonight. Plus, Grubauer is due for a bad start.

Did i do the anti-Avs jinx right? Come on hockey gods, don't be dicks tonight.

Mar 6, 2012
Feels like a good old fashioned 5-0 soul crusher is coming our way tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad