Half-Assed GDT: ♪ vs ⛰

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spear

Anonymous source FOR HIRE
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I was thinking about how bad March was and accidentally wrote March instead of April

No, I believe you were correct the first time.

giphy.gif

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
I'd start working the phones if I was DA. The score was only 2-1, but I must have been watching a different game then the announcers b/c from the start of period two on we looked disinterested and outmatched. I'm surprised the score wasn't higher honestly. Husso stood on his head and did everything in his power to give us a chance. This team just doesn't want it.

Tarasenko had an 80% Ozone start split and was a total ghost. CB needs to start playing the guys that are producing, not the guys with a certain name on the back of their jersey.
:bb:

Reactions: MissouriMook

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Rough loss after what I thought was our best game this season. When this team is engaged and not constantly juggling lines due to injuries/returns, this is what I envision the Blues to play like. Berube is right as he has been the past few games — this was good hockey. Not much to complain about here, and this is as hopeful as one can be without winning.

If we play like this in March, we’ll be a playoff team, and a scary first round opponent for Colorado.

Really rough loss. Just when we finally get our game going, Grubauer decides to shut the door and we can't finish the last minute to get a point at least. If they played like this every night, they would be a playoff caliber team. It's just frustrating how the team seems to lose a different way each night. They finally shut down the Avs PP, but couldn't get more than 1 past Grubauer. Our goalies played well overall, but I feel like they give up one soft goal per game which is tough to overcome. They were good, but the Avs goalies were just a bit better.

Not sure what Berube needs to do with the lineup, but there are too many guys not contributing at all right now. Love Thomas but he's just invisible at this point and Bozak, Sanford and Barby didn't do much at all. Heck, I'd almost rather have Clifford on the 3rd line because at least he seems engaged and noticeable every game. Hoffman and Kyrou are showing some signs of life, but still not enough. Faulk and Krug aren't putting up points anymore. Can't expect the same 2-3 guys to score all the goals every night. We haven't scored more than 2 goals during our 6-game losing streak and ya won't win many games that way.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
You can’t be serious. There was like 7 guys in front of him!

Plus it got redirected off of Schwartz' stick/

Literally has no bearing at all on whether the goalie is properly in position or not. It's vitally important to be on your angles when you can't see the shot coming, that's called a positional save. Clearly it's not his fault that we lost but it is what it is.

Reactions: Blueston

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
i hope chief gets pissed
He's been pissed. It's not moved the needle. Days away so guys can regroup, and they come out and drop both games in excruciating fashion. I don't know what else he can do at this point.

This + a healthy Parayko.

I still believe.
We're not getting a healthy Parayko back this season. We might as well shut him down, figure out what he needs done for his back, get it done, and get him ready for '21-22.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I mean if he was on his angle it wouldn't have been a goal.
You can’t be serious. There was like 7 guys in front of him!
Plus it got redirected off of Schwartz' stick/
All of that is true. It's also true that if Husso isn't sliding to his left and is just square in the net, that puck has a more difficult time of going in. It's the kind of stuff Allen did that we ripped him for: just stay in the f***ing net, quit guessing where it's going to go and slide there and overplay things and left the net mostly open.

Not blaming Husso for the loss here. We were lackadaisical on defense way too often. We should have lost this game.

DeuceNine

Like You Read About
Aug 6, 2006
Stymieville
All of that is true. It's also true that if Husso isn't sliding to his left and is just square in the net, that puck has a more difficult time of going in. It's the kind of stuff Allen did that we ripped him for: just stay in the f***ing net, quit guessing where it's going to go and slide there and overplay things and left the net mostly open.

Not blaming Husso for the loss here. We were lackadaisical on defense way too often. We should have lost this game.
He moved to where the puck was going to be prior to it getting redirected at the worst possible place. The objective is always to get the body behind the puck, and not to reach. Had he stayed centered, he would have had to do just that.

Reactions: jura

DeuceNine

Like You Read About
Aug 6, 2006
Stymieville
Who would you have him play? I don't see anyone producing.
I have no doubt he is. But the thing with DA is, he'll never mortgage the future for a maybe run this year. If anything, he'll wait until the FA/playoff rush is over, and make moves in the offseason. We have the expansion situation to consider as well.

If 2019 taught us anything, patience has its rewards.

Mar 6, 2012
It's not fun to be a Blues fan right now. Watching this team play right now is about as much fun as getting kicked in the groin over and over again.

Sports is supposed to be fun. It's supposed to be entertainment.

The Blues are not fun. They are not entertaining.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
He moved to where the puck was going to be prior to it getting redirected at the worst possible place. The objective is always to get the body behind the puck, and not to reach. Had he stayed centered, he would have had to do just that.
I have to revisit my comment. I thought he was doing the Allen slide on that play. After looking at it again, I think it's pretty clear he was playing it straight-on but couldn't see it because he had Schwartz and O'Reilly in the way and Rantanen cutting across, so he went into the butterfly hoping he was in the right spot.

Just an unfortunate play.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
The Blues played a really good game. Every player was contributing, though Tarasenko didn't contribute much offensively outside of the power play (thoughts on that later).

Thomas was excellent last night with zone entries, puck control, disrupting the breakout, and using his speed to drive the net.

I'm not sure what game some of you were watching. Yeah, they didn't win, and results matter, but if the Blues play like this going forward, they can beat anybody, and will win more games against Colorado than lose. The game last night had me and my family on the edge of their seats. It was clear they really wanted to win, and it was a high energy, tight game.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
The Blues played a really good game. Every player was contributing, though Tarasenko didn't contribute much offensively outside of the power play (thoughts on that later).

Thomas was excellent last night with zone entries, puck control, disrupting the breakout, and using his speed to drive the net.

I'm not sure what game some of you were watching. Yeah, they didn't win, and results matter, but if the Blues play like this going forward, they can beat anybody, and will win more games against Colorado than lose. The game last night had me and my family on the edge of their seats. It was clear they really wanted to win, and it was a high energy, tight game.

Regarding my post, I didn't mean to be overly harsh. We played perhaps the best team in the league pretty close for two games and there certainly wasn't a lack of effort. But at some point we're gonna need some goals from the rest of our roster besides ROR, Perron and Schenn. It was a pretty intense, divisional game that's for sure.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018

Agree with you 100%. I haven't been able to much for games last couple weeks with work.

But what I seen was a team that was able to hang around with the top dogs of the West. I saw quite a few positive things last night. Still have to clean the D zone exits. IDK what they are thinking at times in their own D zone.

They play like this, they will make the playoffs. We just need to end this somewhat unlucky streak (Not saying all games were just bad luck, but there were a couple games in their we are just ran into hot goalie is all I mean).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad