LEHTONEN WITH THE SAVE

STARS WIN IT

STARS WIN IT

SO VICTORY BUT WHO CARES

Stars WIN!!!

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Lehtonen perfect in the shootout, he earned that win.

SvenBaertschi

Not Sven Baerschi
Aug 19, 2012
Eat it Flames & Hrudey
tanguay-dives-o.gif

Last edited:

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Their play is impressive. It's just a tad too late unfortunately. Where was all of this when it could have helped us instead of hurt us?

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Their play is impressive. It's just a tad too late unfortunately. Where was all of this when it could have helped us instead of hurt us?

I see someone decided to give up dealing with the utter lack of logic from DBD's emotionally-charged "positive" brigade and post here instead :laugh:.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
I see someone decided to give up dealing with the utter lack of logic from DBD's emotionally-charged "positive" brigade and post here instead :laugh:.

It's fantasy land over there right now. They've even switched back to liking Kari haha. Very reactionary over there. No one seems to be taking the long view.

I mean I get it. We all want to see the Stars win...it can feel good to go on a run, but geez.

Bottom line is that we are still MUCH closer to drafting a blue chip guy like Provorov, Werenski, or Barzal than we are to making the playoffs.

Here's an opposite of DBD stance: once we are mathematically eliminated from drafting one of those guys, then I will pull for us to make the playoffs.

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I don't know why it's so hard to enjoy a good win :shrug:

Seems like only the Cup or 1st overall would make some of you happy sometimes.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003

I'd be fine with just about anything other than barely missing the playoffs actually. Unfortunately, that's just about all we've gotten to see for the better part of a decade. Excuse me if that makes me high-maintenance, but I dont think that's really much to ask for.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014

The very fact that it's a little too late for the bravado. When it mattered most, it was found wanting.

I think a cup would make EVERYONE who is a Stars fan happy :laugh:. As for draft position, considering how the trend of drafting in the teens in round 1 (and that too somewhat poorly by GMJN 1.0) has done very little in improving this team's prospect pool, I don't think asking for a top 5 spot (if not #1 overall) with a vastly better GM running things is a tall order....but that's just my opinion.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Even though I'm a jackets fan through and through, I watched most of the game last night. Seeing that Jared Boll just got suspended 3 games... how in the hell was Colborne's hit NOT suspension worthy, his hit on Hemsky? Looked entirely suspension worthy to me.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Even though I'm a jackets fan through and through, I watched most of the game last night. Seeing that Jared Boll just got suspended 3 games... how in the hell was Colborne's hit NOT suspension worthy, his hit on Hemsky? Looked entirely suspension worthy to me.

There's some speculation Toffoli didn't get suspended because of the playoff race, it would follow that Colborne would get the same treatment. It's totally cuckoo crazy, but whatever. If you want to go deeper there is also good soldier Murray and good soldier Phillip to think about, they've got suction that your ownership doesn't, but that is pretty far down the rabbit hole.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Boll's also a different player than Colborne and Toffoli, which, even though it shouldn't, probably plays a factor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad