Half-Assed GDT: ★ @ ♪

Status
Not open for further replies.

medkit

Mar 22, 2014
Why NOT use Stastny? Normally I'd have used him before Lehterä, Jaškin, Brouwer and Backes. Not having 50% Oshie is a big loss to our shootout team. But Schwartz coming back will help.

Was Stastny hurt?

IIRC Lehtera was pretty good at it in the KHL. I was happy to see him get a chance and he delivered.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Blues are 3rd in the NHL in points and haven't even played that well this season. I feel their best hockey is yet to come.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Blues are 3rd in the NHL in points and haven't even played that well this season. I feel their best hockey is yet to come.

I've reserved my judgment till the POs. They've fought through some rough patches and have been missing Schwartz basically the entire time

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I've reserved my judgment till the POs. They've fought through some rough patches and have been missing Schwartz basically the entire time

No more crucial injuries and peak heading into the playoffs. Blackhawks formula

Edit- and Kings too

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO

I hope and agree with you. Everyone has bashed on the coaching and speculated the locker room turmoil with the staff, but this team is playing really good hockey despite having some injuries. If they can get guys like Berglund and Schwartz back ready to go for the stretch run, and if Allen keeps playing well, I dare to say this team might do well in the PO's.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
What's really going to be key for me is

Boumeester Pietrangelo
Parayko Shattenkirk

Parayko needs to just let his shot go. If he breaks someone's leg. Oh well, don't block the shot. I still think we need that legit top line centerman but Shattenkirk just won't give me a reason to say he's actually expendable, because he's simply not

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Where does Berglund fit in the lineup when we are fully healthy?

Paajarvi Stastny Tarasenko
Steen Backes Brouwer
Fabbri Lehtera Jaskin
Berglund Brodziak Reaves

Then Schwartz slots in over Fabbri. I don't see how we don't see a trade. We'd lose Paajarvi to waivers imo now

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
I hope and agree with you. Everyone has bashed on the coaching and speculated the locker room turmoil with the staff, but this team is playing really good hockey despite having some injuries. If they can get guys like Berglund and Schwartz back ready to go for the stretch run, and if Allen keeps playing well, I dare to say this team might do well in the PO's.

It's almost that special time of year again!

Round2_zpsdfwz58ns.gif

203cd3d3e20118400c84e1fdae7842f6.jpeg

55081ccacf143.gif

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012

Ah this is when they start to lure you in and make you think. "Hey, things just might be different this time around." Don't get your hopes up. I'll believe it when I see it.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Steen Backes Brouwer
Fabbri Lehtera Jaskin
Berglund Brodziak Reaves

Then Schwartz slots in over Fabbri. I don't see how we don't see a trade. We'd lose Paajarvi to waivers imo now
I would put Fabbri with Backes and Steen, and Lehtera between Berglund and Brouwer.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
What we should do:

Schwartz Stastny Tarasenko
Steen Backes Eriksson
Jaskin Lehtera Fabbri
Ott Brodziak Paajarvi

Bouwmeester Pietrangelo
Parayko Shattenkirk
Gunnarsson Bortuzzo

Allen
Elliott

What we'll probably do:

Steen-Backes-Oshie
Schwartz-Roy-Tarasenko
Sobotka-Berglund-Morrow
Ott-Lapierre-Cracknell/Reaves

Bouwmeester Pietrangelo
Leopold Shattenkirk
Polak Jackman

Miller
Elliott

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015
The last 12-13 minutes of the 1st were pretty fun. Reaves had a monster period.

Edit: The Blues PK was impressive in the 1st. Great kill after Bort takes it up a notch.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Steen Backes Brouwer
Fabbri Lehtera Jaskin
Berglund Brodziak Reaves

Um, what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad