Post-Game Talk: “I think I know a little bit about winning.” - Coffey, but unironically

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
175B9F05-A299-4CB4-89D1-1673D989013E.jpeg

PLAY LA BAMBA

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Super loose first but the team suffocated the hawks afterward. Kane, Brown and McLeod fought it all night. Skinner with some big stops in the first. Great win
That line was absolute dookie. I don’t think Kane likes playing with brown and I don’t blame him

Reactions: Kerberos and Duke74

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Oilers cruise to a win but it feels like they played at 70% the whole night, Chicago just never gave them a reason to put it into extra gear and play with any level of desperation. It's actually kind of nice, the system works at a level that every game doesn't feel like some life or death battle like it always seemed to under Woody, even when playing the bottom feeders of the NHL.

8 in a row, and winning in December too, don't get to see this too often.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Oilers cruise to a win but it feels like they played at 70% the whole night, Chicago just never gave them a reason to put it into extra gear and play with any level of desperation. It's actually kind of nice, the system works at a level that every game doesn't feel like some life or death battle like it always seemed to under Woody, even when playing the bottom feeders of the NHL.

8 in a row, and winning in December too, don't get to see this too often.

Great point. Yeh the Oilers didn’t have to go balls out, just relied on the system and casually took the win. Will need easy nights like this as we March our way back to the top.’

Reactions: Oilhawks and Tarus

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Above .500, wild card spot in sight.

Oilers played a loose first period, but Knob and Keurig settled that right down afterwards.
Good thread title. haha.

But yeah. Coffey knows.

Anyway pretty good workmanlike effort by Oilers and just enough leaning on the Hawks to get an easy result. Taking care of business. Bedard wasn't much after the first goal. Didn't even make a play after that. The first goal shouldn't have happened either.

Nice game by Drai, all over the ice, solid 200ft game. Gagner with a goal and an assist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad