Friedman: “Edmonton checked in on Kovalchuk, won’t happen”

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
If they could afford him, Edmonton would be good fit. I could see him working well with either RNH-McDavid or Lucic-Draisaitl.

Though at this point, does Kovy bring that much more than someone Vanek, who will likely be half the cost?

Plus Edmonton would likely be better served to let Strome, Puljujarvi, Aberg, and Slepyshev (if he stays) actually get offensive looks, and bring in a middle 6 winger like Hansen to help the PK and team defence.

Still the idea of Kovy on the left side of the PP with Draisaitl, Nuge, and McDavid feeding him...

HabsEstrie

Sep 30, 2017
Close enough and Buffalo looks to have a much better future than basically any other hockey team in New York(state), The Islanders might be losing they’re best player(and they’re already bad with him), the Rangers don’t know wether or not they are in rebuild mode or not(seems as if they only have one foot out the door, signing Kovy would make things more confusing)... I mean I’m no fan of Buffalo or Kovy(though he was a damn good player), I just have a hunch Buffalo is gonna try and join the hype train(as Jets/Toronto and even last seasons Oilers where on) by picking Kovalchuk up to play beside Eichel(wether or not that happens or wether or not that works out I believe it’s the most likely of teams myself).

I see geography is not your forte. Its only a 6 hour drive.

Reactions: Chainshot

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Id love to see kovy in Philly. Hes not looking for enough term that he gets in the way of our young players and hed absolutely improve the team now

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Close enough

There's like... 7 NHL teams closer to NYC than Buffalo. And teams like Carolina and Columbus aren't much further. New York is a very wide state and Buffalo and New York City are on opposite ends.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
There's like... 7 NHL teams closer to NYC than Buffalo. And teams like Carolina and Columbus aren't much further. New York is a very wide state and Buffalo and New York City are on opposite ends.

Oh I thought he just wanted to be in New York(the state)... Nvm

Reactions: uncleben

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Oh I thought he just wanted to be in New York(the state)... Nvm
Seems a bit weird to just want to be in the state. Unless he loves all of those New York State taxes. New York isn't like living in California where you can live North, South or Central and still enjoy a bit of the California lifestyle. There is no New York State lifestyle. You either live in the New York City region or you live in the rest of the state which is one giant farm.

9 times out of 10 when someone says they want to live in New York they are talking about New York City and not the other 97.9% of the state.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
kovey to an eastern coast

and I want him as far away from the oilers I he can get

he is not a team player he is a me player who is too self centered

That self centered player really rounded out his two way game, and carried a mid level Devils team to the Cup finals.

I get fans are bitter that he left the NHL and essentially backed out of his contract, but I don't see how his NHL experience can show him as a detriment.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
That self centered player really rounded out his two way game, and carried a mid level Devils team to the Cup finals.

I get fans are bitter that he left the NHL and essentially backed out of his contract, but I don't see how his NHL experience can show him as a detriment.

that was 5 years ago when HE WAS 30 he is now 35--if it happened when he was 25 and was 30 now I could see your argument

how is hockey now different then it was 5 years ago and how many 35/36 year old guys are playing top minutes on the teams that are left?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad