Friedman: “Believe Kovalchuk’s eyes are on New York” (if he returns to the NHL

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I’d take him on the Rangers next year
This year we’re retooling but we need wingers and he’s a RHS, we don’t need to tear everything down, him and Buch could be a really good combo
Honestly I haven’t been paying to much attention to Kovalchuk, has he fell off a lot or will he be able to produce here? If he can still pot around 50 points id take him

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I think the Devils are the best fit for him, as far as "New York" area teams go...

That said, I don't want anything to do with him. I just wish he'd retire so this perpetual nonsense can just go away.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
He has a house up in Alpine, NJ (not sure if he ever finished construction on it) so I imagine that has something to do with wanting to stay in NY.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
I dont understand the motivation here really. Sure, NYC is a cool place to live AND he could probably make some good bank (tho, wtf, cause he hasnt made enough money yet?).

But there cant be much of a desire to win cause, lets face it, the Rangers are going nowhere right now. Kovy HAS to know this.

So bizarre.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Retool!

Youth movement!

KOVALCHUK!

I'm not sure why this is an issue. The Rangers are retooling, not tanking for the next 5 years. They may very well be a pretty good team next year if they acquire assets and then use those assets to accrue the right pieces. Adding Kovalchuk for nothing but cash would be a smart move

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Is this because he thinks the Rangers are stuck in 2003 and will offer him the most money? If so, I think he's got another thing coming.

He doesn't fit with what they'd want to do, he's older and slower than before. I have no interest in adding him on some ridiculous contract.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
I find Kovalchuk news so friggin annoying

Seriously.

Never trusted his motives to begin with especially the circus in ATL, then stabbing NJ in the back after they gave him everything he wanted. Now he supposedly wants to come back, but only to a team that is in a rebuild?

Don't need that cancer in a room full of impressionable kids.

Reactions: haveandare

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Pretty sure he's also good buddies with Shestyorkin who should be coming over the year after. That could have something to do with this.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Don't get these comments about him not fitting the Rangers rebuild.. if we are rebuilding with younger players, we'll have plenty of cap space for him. Should we (likely) be out of the playoffs at the 2019 trade deadline, he could potentially get us some decent picks/prospects. I'm definitely on board with the idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad