Friedman: “Believe Kovalchuk’s eyes are on New York” (if he returns to the NHL

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
People act like Kovy is some scrub now lol. He’s better than Radulov. Tell you that. I’d take him on the Avs. Even a declining Kovalchuk is a top 25 winger in the NHL at this point in his career.

I get the hate for the guy. And I don’t understand the NYR fit. They have no pieces to contend. If he wants to be happy and comfortable with Shestyorkin he might as well just stay at SKA. Get paid and wins championships there.

Don’t see the point in coming here. Making less money. In a foreign country in a league where you’re hated by many. And playing on a trash hockey team. Rangers are not the wave
I don't really agree that he's better than Radulov or a top 25 winger, and don't necessarily want him on NYR unless it's something that helps facilitate Shesty coming over for his the first few years he'll have to be on an ELC. Shesty is very important to the Rangers' future.

Rangers are in a transitional year where they're admittedly garbage. They'll be significantly better next year imo and can be back to contending fairly quickly depending on how the McD and Zucc moves pan out.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Would gladly take Kovalchuk on the Rangers. He can be for them what Jagr did on those transitional Renney teams. Not to mention the Rangers have two of his team mates going over in a year too.

Reactions: RangerGuru

leafsnat1on

Jan 16, 2014
Toronto
Why are the rangers in full rebuild mode (from what it seems) and then take on Kove. Better yet, why isn't Kove interested in a contender?

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Why are the rangers in full rebuild mode (from what it seems) and then take on Kove. Better yet, why isn't Kove interested in a contender?
Even rebuilding requires experienced players and someone with the experience of Kovi would be a massive plus for NYR. Kovi may have a liking for the Rangers and would prefer them as his destination.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Kovalchuk will be 34/35 next year. He hasnt played in the NHL for 6 full years. The KHL is a good league but it is not nearly as brutal, competitive, and exhausting as the NHL. Nobody has any idea if Kovalchuk will be able to keep up anymore

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
The only way I'd be interested in him is if he's coming to try to fix an election.

CocoCrisp

Feb 22, 2018

Agreed. The guy is in his mid 30's and never won a cup while the Rangers are starting a rebuild. Unless NYR is planning to trade him if he performs well in a year or 2 I just don't get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad