Sportsnet: “All bets are off” in regards to Babcock

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
We’ve got 3 years before Matthews has a full no move clause. If I’m writing this year off.
That’s the timeframe. If the vision is flawed, get the GM out and the new guy handle the heavy lifting + assets.
tick tock Brendan, tick tock.

stonec

Nov 21, 2011
sheldon keefe is a 100x better coach than egocock. he actually coaches to the teams strengths instead of making them play a game that is thier weakness and neutering thier skill like egocock does with this talented roster.

Keefe has currently a sample size of zero regarding coaching in a proper league. I don't see how Keefe has enough authority to coach superstars like Marner, Matthews or Tavares. He'll likely run into issues trying to please everyone.

member 300185

I hate to say I told you so, but go back and look at my threads about Dubas. I never wanted him from the beginning and even predicted bad contracts because he had no experience. We are frigging handcuffed now. Even if we could get a good player, we can't afford to pay him.

MarnerElite

Feb 20, 2019
can't wait for this to happen, then what's the narrative when they continue to lose under Keefe?

It's going to be the same. People like to believe that they are so right that they'll keep sticking to it no matter what. After 6 months to 1 year, they'll slowly start hating that guy's weird lineup changes(because every single coach has them) and after that itll be same old shit 'this guy sucks even more'..'needs to be fired'..blah blah blah..Coaches only make very little difference which is why you have so much random shit happen in sports where all of a sudden a guy who hasn't even coached long takes a team very far or all the way to Finals. It's a lot of luck involved(especially in hockey where there's so many variables) and some people don't want to admit that at all.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
That's generally how it works and what to expect when the losses continue to pile up.

Not that the latter was said to be at all imminent or something even expected to happen, but I'd find both a coaching change and trading away a top four defenceman (Barrie) interesting.

MarnerElite

Feb 20, 2019
After tonight, I can be convinced the team has checked out on him. Not giving Barrie a shot on the #1 PP when you are being thrashed is enough for me.

Yeah tonight was extremely bad and can't really be explained any other way then 'we want this f***er gone'..lol..Although if they keep playing this way, the next guy won't last very long either(i just can't see how they'll change because there are some really soft, really dumb, non competitive players on this team). But yeah..

Reactions: ForzaZuffa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad