Post-Game Talk: “A team like that” def. Kings - 5-3 (Boeserx3, Horvat, Pettersson)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
Being a fan of this team while being out east is brutal. A 10:30 PM start is ridiculous
Yup. After playing late night beer league last night, my best case scenario is to make it through the first period but even that's unlikely...

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
"I think this trip was good, because it let us know that there are some players that probably can't play in the league right now," the bench boss added. "So maybe we'll have to make some changes. There are some veterans that really have to pick up their play. We'll have to have a chat with them."..Todd McLellan after the Kings last game against the Hawks.

Ouch...pretty scathing words from the coach about his team..Canucks can't sleepwalk through this game.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Taking this quote out of its context and putting it here..

“I’m in a different spot in the neutral zone and I’m not able to get up in the rush,” Doughty noted. “But more than anything, I’m more worried about getting scored on. That’s always in my head because I was one of the [worst plus/minus players] last year. I think that messed with my head, so that’s all I’m really focused on this year, which is probably a bad thing. But I think my defensive game has been really good.”

I would just keep reminding Doughty of his plus/minus every shift... Seems to be enough to throw him off these days..

(context: article in which he explained their new system of play and how the Kings are adjusting... great read to explain what you may just see play out tonight. Source: The LA Kings New System…Explained )

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
I know we blew them out 8-2 last game, but the Kings were on a back to back. You can't take any team lightly, and I'm sure Mr. Doughty would like a little payback. I'll be happy if we can hit the 5 goal mark - and win - again.

GO MARKY!

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
More popcorn for Gaudette?
Loui has some really salty tears flavored popcorn left over if Adam is running low.

Hct5NuS.gif

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I’m a big believer in the law of averages. So we should lose this one. That said I have a good feeling.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Kings have allowed 5 goals in three straight games, while only scoring 4 goals themselves. See no reason why this shouldn't be a win.

Reactions: MikeK

drivier

Apr 30, 2009
Vancouver
The importance of securing points during this road trip should not be understated given how nasty this month is for the Canucks.

We will know shortly whether the start this season is legitimate or a blip in the radar like the last couple seasons.

The month of November sees 15 games (back to back on this trip once). With 10 road games (one a 6 day trip that has us going south before heading east) and only 5 home games this month and games against the Predators (twice), Avalanche, Capitals, and Oilers we're into the top dogs for a number of games.

Boys need to be up for this trip to get us heading in to the storm with some confidence.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I know we blew them out 8-2 last game, but the Kings were on a back to back. You can't take any team lightly, and I'm sure Mr. Doughty would like a little payback. I'll be happy if we can hit the 5 goal mark - and win - again.

GO MARKY!
Kings are 2nd in the league with SOG..but just cant score..so,yeah..you cant take any team lightly.

Reactions: Canuckle1970

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Kings are 2nd in the league with SOG..but just cant score..so,yeah..you cant take any team lightly.

Heard the interview with the Kings reporter earlier where he pointed that the Kings have put up 20 shots in the first period of 3 different games... that's insane. So that tells you they can roll over teams for stretches despite the lack of finish.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
"I think this trip was good, because it let us know that there are some players that probably can't play in the league right now," the bench boss added. "So maybe we'll have to make some changes. There are some veterans that really have to pick up their play. We'll have to have a chat with them."..Todd McLellan after the Kings last game against the Hawks.

Ouch...pretty scathing words from the coach about his team..Canucks can't sleepwalk through this game.

"I think this trip was good, because it let us know that there are some players that probably can't play in the league right now,"

What would a bad trip let them know?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I understand not changing a winning line up, but Gaudette needs to play
NHL coaches tend to be the worst creatures of habit...and Green seems more superstitious than most...They never, I mean NEVER tinker with a winning lineup. It really makes no sense, but I guess they want to reward the guys who were part of a winning effort.

So unless the Canucks cough up a fur-ball tonight, then Gaudette probably sits for the next game as well......and he could be in the starting lineup tonight for the Utica-Binghamtpon game. Tell me again what sense that makes?

VintageBure

Jun 7, 2018
We can move to first in the pacific with a win tonight. (If edm loses in REG, and coyotes lose in any way)

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
We can move to first in the pacific with a win tonight. (If edm loses in REG, and coyotes lose in any way)
Just checking the standings, the Canucks and 'Yotes have played the fewest games in the Pacific Division. If they win their games in hand, they'll both be at the top of the standings. Who saw that coming?

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Taking this quote out of its context and putting it here..

“I’m in a different spot in the neutral zone and I’m not able to get up in the rush,” Doughty noted. “But more than anything, I’m more worried about getting scored on. That’s always in my head because I was one of the [worst plus/minus players] last year. I think that messed with my head, so that’s all I’m really focused on this year, which is probably a bad thing. But I think my defensive game has been really good.”

I would just keep reminding Doughty of his plus/minus every shift... Seems to be enough to throw him off these days..

(context: article in which he explained their new system of play and how the Kings are adjusting... great read to explain what you may just see play out tonight. Source: The LA Kings New System…Explained )

IF YOU DID NOT READ THE ARTICLE THAT DL44 LINKED, YOU SHOULD.

My only comment is that I disagree that F3 should cover for the D that is pinching ("D1") - I would have D2 cover D1's position, and have F3 cover for D2.

This article may explain the Kings early shot totals as well.

Reactions: Indiana and DL44

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
IF YOU DID NOT READ THE ARTICLE THAT DL44 LINKED, YOU SHOULD.

My only comment is that I disagree that F3 should cover for the D that is pinching ("D1") - I would have D2 cover D1's position, and have F3 cover for D2.

This article may explain the Kings early shot totals as well.

F3 is already high and in the middle of the ice and closer to D1....

Think about what would happen once D1 drifts back to the point... F3 moves down directly from the point - better attack/support position.

If D2 is covering D1 and F3 is covering D2... then when D1 drifts back, that would create a rotation up high with F3 coming back into the play from the opposite corner... seems slow.

But I suppose they could play into the system by having D1 on the pinch to play a ring around for F3 at the d2 position. But pinches are rarely clean and usually end with the D pushing the puck back into the corner...

but yeah... great article.

Reactions: I am toxic

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009

can say that about any team really. In NHL there’s so much parity that 90% of season series end up splitting games or going 3-2 etc. Not like NFL where it will take the Browns 40 games to beat the patriots once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad