Post-Game Talk: “A team like that” def. Kings - 5-3 (Boeserx3, Horvat, Pettersson)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Canucks and Kings first game since Drew Doughtys attack on his team to LOSING LIKE A TEAM LIKE THE CANUCKS. Heres my PROJECTED lineup for the game

:nucks

Miller Pettersson Brock Boeser
Pearson Horvat Virtanen
Leivo Sutter Ferland
Schaller Beagle Eriksson

Edler Myers
Quinn Hughes Tanev
Benn Stecher

Markstrom the starter
Demko backup

Kings

Iafallo Kopitar Brown
Carter Lizot Tiffoli
Kovalchuck Kempe Lewis

BEN HUTTON Doughty
Martinez Walker
Ryan Roy

Never heard of half those names for the Kings so not sure what there really expecting to do this year with a bunch a no names. Anyways Hutton on their top pairing is crazy not that hes bad

Predictions people?

I predict 5-3 Canucks with our goals by Hughes, Myers, Ferland, Pearson and Pettersson

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Canucks and Kings first game since Drew Doughtys attack on his team to LOSING LIKE A TEAM LIKE THE CANUCKS. Heres my PROJECTED lineup for the game

:nucks

Miller Pettersson Brock Boeser
Pearson Horvat Virtanen
Leivo Sutter Ferland
Schaller Beagle Eriksson

Edler Myers
Quinn Hughes Tanev
Benn Stecher

Markstrom the starter
Demko backup

Kings

Iafallo Kopitar Brown
Carter Lizot Tiffoli
Kovalchuck Kempe Lewis

BEN HUTTON Doughty
Martinez Walker
Ryan Roy

Never heard of half those names for the Kings so not sure what there really expecting to do this year with a bunch a no names. Anyways Hutton on their top pairing is crazy not that hes bad

Predictions people?

I predict 5-3 Canucks with our goals by Hughes, Myers, Ferland, Pearson and Pettersson
Glad you made that clear. I'm usually not too sure if Brock will be playing or his brother, Moe.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Here's a little mid-90s nostalgia for this game, with salmon vs. Burger King jerseys, and a 22-wearing Näslund.

naslund-salmon-canucks.jpg

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Being a fan of this team while being out east is brutal. A 10:30 PM start is ridiculous

11:30 for me... although it's a lot easier to stay up late to watch this team than the teams they've been trotting out over the last few years.

Morning shift guy tomorrow, so I probably won't be able to stay up to see the Canucks win 5-0 with goals from Pettersson (x3), Horvat and Virtanen.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Canucks should be able to take this one...Hopefully they get the two points and come out of the game intact.

This California trip is another challenge and measuring stick for the Canucks.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Gaudette still out for Loui?

I'd imagine so, especially coming after a blowout victory where all the lines - Eriksson's included - contributed goals.

HFCanucks pressured Green enough to get Leivo off PP1.

We pressured him enough to get Hughes onto PP1.

We can get Gaudette into the lineup. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Reactions: IDJOTBOY

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I wish we wielded that kind of power... would be nice.

But I like thought process...
Green makes a change we like - We pressured him into it.

No no. No no.

We didn't start liking it after Green changed it.

We heard Leivo was going to be on PP1 and immediately recognized the stupidity.

We heard Hughes was going to be on PP2 and immediately recognized the stupidity.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Being a fan of this team while being out east is brutal. A 10:30 PM start is ridiculous
SJ/Ana have 7:30 pm local starts as well. Traffic...

As for Doughty, everyone leaves out the "8-2" score that he said. We shouldn't be losing to a team like that 8-2. That doesn't mean that they can't lose to them, it means that they shouldn't be getting blown out. Setting the tone in week 1 that they need better efforts. This is a team that they will have to beat out for a playoff spot. Vegas is going to make it. Expect Cal/SJ to make it, but likely will be closer than they would have hoped. But, AZ, Edm, Ana, Van, these are your competitors for the playoff spot.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks shouldn't lose to a team like the Kings...despite what Drew Doughty says....but man I wish we had a d-man like him in our lineup.

Reactions: Sneezy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad