The Athletic - Boston ‘The kind of guy you build franchises around’: Inside Patrice Bergeron’s first 1,000 games

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Nice post. It's too bad about the injuries this season, otherwise Bergeron would have put up 90 or 100 points.

Bergeron also had the misfortune of being a player during the era of one and a half work stoppages. Add that to the time he missed with the concussion and the subsequent time it took to get his game back, Bergeron should be right around 1000 points right now.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Bergeron also had the misfortune of being a player during the era of one and a half work stoppages. Add that to the time he missed with the concussion and the subsequent time it took to get his game back, Bergeron should be right around 1000 points right now.
Even with the significant time missed from concussions, he'll be the eighth player from the 2003 draft to reach 1000 games, and the first from outside the first round. I think him, Staal, and Horton were the only guys from that draft to play in the NHL in their draft year? I may be wrong about that but there weren't many.

Next due up to hit 1000 from that class are our buddy Kesler, Getzlaf, and Perry. Their teammates are gonna go broke. :laugh:

I wonder what the Bruins are going to give Bergeron.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad