Speculation: Райан О'Рейли: Here's my number, so call me maybe; Rayan's IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Sorry edited the post with this,

So the situation is if there is a better deal by a Western team, do we decide to take that or ship him off to the East for less amount?

That is why I brought up the sitution with RvP.

Also don't remind me that we have to play Munich in the CL. :( :'(

Oh thanks for lifting my spirits. Did not even think about it.
I can channel my Kroenke hate into football. Thanks for reminding.
Sadly I don't think that Kroenke really cares for Arsenal either.

Either way. Bayern winning the CL would be a nice make up for watching my teams suck beyond belief this year (I am a Bayern, Avs, Mavs and Eagles fan. Talk about being cursed this year with my US-teams).

The situation is kind of comparable. Kroenke screwed up Arsenal. They were a legit CL contender when he bought them and are an absolute mess right now (atleast in comparison). They can not keep their best players and are on a seemingly never ending youth movement....

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I don't think so. There was only one spot open for a letter, and Landeskog jumped over O'Reilly for it.

But Landy was the future captain the second Sherman announced his name on the draft day. Everybody knew that. My personal opinion is that I dont think RoR is kranky about that. If he truly is that? Then I have misjudged his character completely these years.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Let's hope there is some GM that is crazy about Corsi. Landeskog taking all those shots boosted O'Reilly's Corsi numbers quite a bit.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Avs('The Walking Dead') will never get fair market value for О'Рейли.

Sad but true. An unsigned O'Reilly who is refusing to take a bridge deal isn't someone who brings back a great return.

Glad we are just talking to teams in the East though.

ChrisNI

Sep 29, 2008
Orillia
My personal preference would be to forget about roster player. This season is done anyway. Might as well let whatever kids we have available show what they can do. Look for a prospect/rookie with as high upside as possible.

Johansen
Galchenyuk
Huberdeau or Bjugstad+
Strome

I'm sure there are others. Even out the trade with minor picks/NHLers as necessary. Diluting it into Dubinsky+Erixon type assets is not something I would prefer.

I'd be ok with this, bring ROR back and end up with some bad blood in the org and probably finish mid to low table at best
OR
tank it this season to pick up a top 3 draft pick while getting an awesome prospect for ROR

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Dater sounds pretty definitive about Radar being gone. I would guess his departure has been close to a sure thing for a while.

Twas set in stone the instant he didn't accept the Avs' first offer.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Along the lines of prospects, I would imagine the new regime in Columbus would love to start fresh with RoR as one of their core guys. We all know that when he's on the team he is a great representative of a team. They have 3 1sts this year.

:cbj
Ryan O'Reilly

:avs
Columbus 1st (first one not in top 5 unless they have 2 in top 5 then the 2nd of the 2)
+

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Along the lines of prospects, I would imagine the new regime in Columbus would love to start fresh with RoR as one of their core guys. We all know that when he's on the team he is a great representative of a team. They have 3 1sts this year.

:cbj
Ryan O'Reilly

:avs
Columbus 1st (first one not in top 5 unless they have 2 in top 5 then the 2nd of the 2)
+

Not happening. CBJ will most likely pick top 5 and it really does not make sense for anyone (CBJ is a western team).

If we trade with them I could see a Brassard + Moore type of deal.
And right now I would really like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad