¿Will Jack Hughes win the art ross this year?

Will he win the art ross this year?

• Yes

Votes: 38 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 155 71.4%
  • He will finish 2nd (win 500k)

Votes: 24 11.1%

• Total voters

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
He’s got a decent lead on McDavid.
But we all know that could disappear in as little as two weeks if McDavid goes off like he has before.
Way too early.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Bummer. Suddenly, the league is getting ravaged by injuries.

Looks like Pettersson is probably our new scoring leader by the end of tomorrow night.
yea guys likes Fox and Hughes are what drives viewership. sucks to see. not happy Makar seems to have nagging injuries either I believe,

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Devils fans - get ready for the "he can't even hit 100 pts" talk if Hughes misses it this year. Doesn't matter if he plays 66 games and has 99 pts, we saw it with MacKinnon and now the sharks will be out to feast on any shortcomings for Hughes.

Reactions: wetcoast

TheStatican

Mar 14, 2012
I still think it'll be McDavid.

Let's say he only plays 70 games. That's still probably 130 points.

I know Hughes is off to a crazy start and that seems attainable, but only McDavid has hit 130 points since 1994. And that was Wayne Gretzky. It's very exclusive territory.
Mario Lemieux and Jaromir Jagr would like to have a word with you :box:
Screenshot_20231104_042634_Chrome.jpg

But yes, it is exclusive territory. Even injury free Hughes is not getting there.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Mario Lemieux and Jaromir Jagr would like to have a word with you :box:
View attachment 762713
But yes, it is exclusive territory. Even injury free Hughes is not getting there.

I don’t know with the way he was playing before getting hurt I think he could’ve done it, but he’s been playing hurt for a few games now before that last one anyway

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Devils fans - get ready for the "he can't even hit 100 pts" talk if Hughes misses it this year. Doesn't matter if he plays 66 games and has 99 pts, we saw it with MacKinnon and now the sharks will be out to feast on any shortcomings for Hughes.
I was thinking the same thing but to be fair some of the Jack Hughes hype has been embarrassing lately.

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
You forgot to translate the title to Español. If you know, you know.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
My hockey pool said his expected return date was the 7th and now it says the 14th, I think I’ll take your word for it though

Not sure what a hockey pool is, but if they had said day to day, I probably would have hedged on the quicker return. Week to week with no divulging of the actual injury makes me lean into multiple weeks.

We will see though. Again, they haven't revealed any real info. It's just gut calls

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
I think McDavid would have eventually started heating up and would have caught Hughes at some point, even if Hughes had remained healthy.

But now I definitely don't see Hughes winning the Art Ross, considering he will probably miss most or all of the rest of November with injuries.

Reactions: TheStatican

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad