¿Will Jack Hughes win the art ross this year?

Will he win the art ross this year?

• Yes

Votes: 38 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 155 71.4%
  • He will finish 2nd (win 500k)

Votes: 24 11.1%

• Total voters

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
If we denote a 50% probability for McDavid to win, with players in the set of next ten most likely to win adding up to, say, 40% and the rest sharing the tenth percentile, and supposing that the ten players after McDavid each has a similar weight (I mean realistically there couldn't be much fluctuation among them since their weights are so low to begin with - a drastic increase in the weight of one player would lower the weights of others below a reasonable level), that would mean the player with the second best odds has a win probability of ~4%. Doesn't seem reasonable to me.

I would still give McDavid the best odds, even with the current injury. But not the best odds against the field, with or without the injury.

he's won the last 3 Art Rosses in a row and just outscored the closest non teammate by 40 points last year

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Two things have to happen:
  • McDavid misses 20+ games
  • Devils PP needs to be legit
Certainly seems in the realm of possibility today.

Reactions: Duke74

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
McDavid is the the cryochamber right now. Fully expecting him to come out guns blazing after sitting out for a week or so.

A pissed of McDavid is the greatest player in hockey history on a sheet of ice. Specially elwoth how shxxxxx the Oilers start has been.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
McDavid is the the cryochamber right now. Fully expecting him to come out guns blazing after sitting out for a week or so.

A pissed of McDavid is the greatest player in hockey history on a sheet of ice. Specially elwoth how shxxxxx the Oilers start has been.
It's a shame he couldn't get pissed off against Vegas last post season.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I still think it'll be McDavid.

Let's say he only plays 70 games. That's still probably 130 points.

I know Hughes is off to a crazy start and that seems attainable, but only McDavid has hit 130 points since 1994. And that was Wayne Gretzky. It's very exclusive territory.

Last edited:

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
I voted "no" but doesn't mean I think he can't....simply going by probability here.....lots of other players that could take it.....I'd vote for the field here. A better poll might be whether McDavid will win it this year....I might pick him over the field, but he's going to miss some games, so not sure.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Worst news for Hughes fanboys was McDavid expected to miss 3-6 games and returning after 2.

McDavid will win his fourth consecutive Art Ross and tie Howe and Lemieux at six if he plays at least 70 games.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Crosby In his 27 year old season finished 3rd in scoring and 5th in hart voting and apparently that's putrid @Video Nasty lets see how this 26-27 year old season works out for mcdavid. Not looking to hot at the moment

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Lol, you guys are absolute clowns. 9 games into the season and you’re already crowing as if it’s in the books like Crosby’s multiple lackluster displays of individual dominance.

Unlike most of you, I’ll be here to call it the disappointment it would be, if the result sticks.

• Haha
Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Lol, you guys are absolute clowns. 9 games into the season and you’re already crowing as if it’s in the books like Crosby’s multiple lackluster displays of individual dominance.

Unlike most of you, I’ll be here to call it the disappointment it would be, if the result sticks.

Would it really be a disappointment if Hughes goes off? Like if Hughes gets 135 and McDavid ends up with 130? Crosby’s season was a disappointment more for the performance rather than just losing to Benn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad