¼ of the way thru the season. Where's your mind at?

Where to you honestly stand?

• Complete and total rebuild. Just like the one we did a few years ago. Sell/trade almost EVERYTHING.

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • No need to totally rebuild. We have a few very nice pieces on the roster right now.

Votes: 53 79.1%
  • No need to tweak the roster much. Maybe a player or two. Give time to adjust.

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Change nothing. Have patience for what Housley and Botterill are trying to do.

Votes: 4 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Though it really doesn't have any barring on the play itself, (but is a perfect example of something I hate about how our players play) but what the heck is Antipin doing going to the outside(backside) of the guy instead of taking the inside lane and lifting the stick there. Instead, now the guy has a 1/2 second headstart on a potential one-timer if the guy decides to pass instead. I see this ALL the time with our guys, especially on battles for the puck. You take the inside lane and you can still do the stick lift and get better body positioning on a guy.

He looked very surprised the Cane was going to cut to the net. It leads to him unable to get position and be behind him. Even worse was his turnover in the other end that started the entire rush leading to the goal agson. Antipin had no one really pressuring him and he had no one in front of him. He could have gone to the net or passed behind it to Kane uncovered or to the front to Okposo. He chose the worst possible option trying to force the puck to Jack. Thats the turnover that sends things the other way.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I would question why the coaches aren't calling him to the bench, even for a brief rest on that. But hey, it's easy to run the kid down with that sort of graphic. He's not Guy Carbonneau and he needs to put more effort into his defensive game -- but that's a lame shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad